Vista News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista News

For those of you that are interested, Microsoft is giving away 100000 downloads of Vista pre-RC 1 to non-MSDN subscribers.

Windows Vista pre-RC 1 - English Edition

The core updates seem to be alot of optimization, bugfixes, and the like. This is supposed to be close to the real RC, if it doesn't fubar everyone's system.

In addition, Amazon has posted prices (there was also a Canadian price leak):

Amazon.com: Software Search Results: Windows Vista

The Vista betas and RCs are the Ultimate Edition....so that's $400.
    Last edited by Mateo; 08-29-2006, 07:12 PM.

Re: Vista News

By the way, the actual RC is supposed to be released next week, Sept. 5th.

Comment

okay dumb question, is there a way to install it from the HD or do you have to burn it to a DVD
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

FYI: your first url links to amazon instead of Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
          FYI: your first url links to amazon instead of Microsoft.
          Thanks! Allz fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
            okay dumb question, is there a way to install it from the HD or do you have to burn it to a DVD
            You have to burn it from DVD.

FYI: I'm waiting for the public RC.

Comment

Things are going well on my end. Only problem thus far is I am having network problems. I will work on that on my next day off from work.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                Actually you can. Mount the image and run the setup program, it will install it to disk and by the time it needs to restart it won't need it anymore.

Bear in mind that this worked in the beta quite a while ago, they may have changed it by now.
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Does this version require a cdkey? It never gave me one. I did download it though.

Comment

I heard the that the beta2 keys work. PM me undead if you need it.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Oh, I've got a key still from the beta2 release, infact I've still got it installed on my computer. I guess I'll format that partition, and install the pre-rc1.

Comment

I think you could just upgrade xp or beta2 without the format.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I installed it, running tons better than the other beta. No way I'd use it as a main OS yet though. Not being an evalutation copy.

Comment

it is extremely stable and fast. AVG works just fine now, however, several programs that have to work do not. Nero, AVS video converter, WM recorder, etc. I would use it exclusively if It could run these programs. I love vista + office 2007.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Anyone else going for a purchase on release date? I am going for Ultimate upgrade myself.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X