Check out your local Staples. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out your local Staples. :)

I just got back from staples today... You wouldnt believe what i got from there, i went to apply for a job, and I walked out with two NEW printers for under $40 bucks!!!

Lexmark P4350 All-In-One

Total Price Per printer Inc TAX: $17.80 (Look in the clearence area)
    Total Price Paid at counter: $35.60 (for BOTH printers!)

Just thought that you guys would like to know that most of the Staples stores located near you are removing old inventory and selling Items REALLY CHEAP! Just drive down there and take a look.
    Oyee

Re: Check out your local Staples. :)

It is not the Printer that is expensive, it is all the Ink replacements that kill ya!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

especially in a Lexmark, those are killer. I had a friend who just bought a new printer when his lexmark ran out of ink, was cheaper
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

In store ink is over priced, you've got to look on the web, I had a Epson photo printer, and just the black ink was 25 bucks, not including the 35-40 for color, and on eBay i got everything color/black for 11.88 w/ shipping! Lexmark ink color+black for my printer is $5-$11 bucks with shipping.

Plus, im talking Photo-Printers here, for the photo's person, a $20 printer doesnt have half the quality in photos as a $100 and so on with a $150, and at those prices new expensive ink is the best route.
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
          In store ink is over priced, you've got to look on the web, I had a Epson photo printer, and just the black ink was 25 bucks, not including the 35-40 for color, and on eBay i got everything color/black for 11.88 w/ shipping! Lexmark ink color+black for my printer is $5-$11 bucks with shipping.

Plus, im talking Photo-Printers here, for the photo's person, a $20 printer doesnt have half the quality in photos as a $100 and so on with a $150, and at those prices new expensive ink is the best route.
          In many cases, the ink cartridges used in a photo printer are as important, if not more-so, than the printer itself. Printers these days just move the cartridge around. The ink placement and accuracy thereof is largely controlled my the cartridge.

I've used third party cartridges in my Lexmark printer in the past, but when it came to printing out 8MP digital photos, the degradation in quality was quite noticeable.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
            In store ink is over priced, you've got to look on the web, I had a Epson photo printer, and just the black ink was 25 bucks, not including the 35-40 for color, and on eBay i got everything color/black for 11.88 w/ shipping!
            MUCH of the ink for sale on eBay is cheap refilled cartridges. These will not give you the quality of new cartridges and, depending on the application, can actually damage your prints.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I went the 3rd party route once for ink for my Epson C80. One time it was okay but another time the ink was of a noticebly poor quality.

For photos these days I've been sending prints to walmart.com and paying 19 cents per print. The quality is better than I ever got and I got to figure that I had to be paying close to that at home--given the cost of the epson ink. So consequently now--I print much less and the ink I have lasts much longer.

Funny you should post this today. I went in to Staples last night to buy more ink for my epson c80. I needed black at about 30 and a 3 color pack at another 30. They had the latest generation of epson C printers...Epson C88+ on sale for 79 bucks...and it came with ink. I just got the new printer for my son and he loves it. Now we each have a printer...(damn print server never worked right when i needed it to anyhow)
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                For photos these days I've been sending prints to walmart.com and paying 19 cents per print. The quality is better than I ever got and I got to figure that I had to be paying close to that at home--given the cost of the epson ink. So consequently now--I print much less and the ink I have lasts much longer.
                Yeah, we use Ofoto. I think the service is probably similar. Upload photos, email links to your photo albums to the people you want to see them, and then everyone can order prints in various sizes. VERY convenient when it comes to sharing photos of kids with distant relatives that want actual photos to carry in their wallets or scrapbook.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Staples again. I didn't take much interest in this thread before, as I'm very happy with the multifunction I've already got at home.

http://edealinfo.com/cgi-bin/dl?2006/09/12/042.shtml

I got it for $130 last winter sometime, and I was really proud of myself then, as it met perfectly the few needs of our humble home. That link has it for $100 through Saturday, and that's a good price (edit: it occurs to me that I haven't watched prices on these things since.... you guessed it.... last winter; but I'm guessing it's a good price?).

I can't tell you this piece of hardware is the end-all be-all or anything. We don't even print that often here.

I just wanted something that would let me copy AND both print AND scan over the LAN around the house. So many networked printers, which have scanners, don't allow for networked scanning.

I can walk into the kitchen (where the machine sits -- middle of the house), place a document on the device, walk to my machine across the house, and scan the document to that machine. I like that a lot.

Anyway, I suck at marketing. I just thought I'd share in case anyone's in the market for a cheap (and, FWIW, WyzSaysIt'sNeato) multifunction.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I stopped by there and got an epson (my brand of choice) cx4600 on clearance for 99... the thing was great for 4 months then refused to print..... called epson and the sent me a BRAND NEW cx4800 with ink (4600 and 4800 are not compatible) for free... they even told me to keep the 4600... the scanner still worked, so I plugged it into a volunteer computer for scanning / memory card reader only.....
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X