Sli!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sli!

After much hassle, one broken then fixed card and another card that I stupidly fried, I'm finally up and running with SLi! I haven't had too much time to play with it yet but I did crank the resolution in BF2 up to 1280x1024 and I'm running in the 60-70 FPS range with everything turned all the way up. Before, I was running the same settings but at 1024x768 and I was running about 5 FPS slower. I'm very happy. :) Every once in a while, the two cards don't sync up quite right and the top half of the screen will move at a different rate than the bottom but it generally works really well.

Anyhow, I'm quite happy with it. This should hold me off until a somewhat affordable DX10 card comes out. Next upgrade = a dual coe processor or a widescreen LCD.

Oh well, I guess I'll spend the rest of the evening with my girlfriend and then tomorrow I have a full day (work from 6-2, class from 3:15-4:30 and a football game after that... GO DEVILS!) so I won't get to really mess with it until Friday. I'm feeling really lazy and don't want to install new drivers but I know I should. Probably take care of that on Friday.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my excitement with the group. WOOHOO!!!
    sigpic

Re: Sli!

nice rig man. Which cards did you get?
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

I bought a 6800 when I built the computer a year ago and I added a second one which Newegg had listed for $98 with free shipping. It was supposed to be an open box refurb but I ended up with a factory sealed unit with all of the accessories and software and such. I doubt I'll ever play the games (I already own Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on the Gamecube) but it was a nice bonus.

One of the cards is a Gigabyte and the new one is a Leadtek. Anyhow, they seem to be playing quite nicely together so far. :)
      sigpic

Comment

So, you gained 5fps by adding a second card?

Wtf is that!?
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
          So, you gained 5fps by adding a second card?

Wtf is that!?
          ... and going up in resolution to 1280x1024.

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
          Every once in a while, the two cards don't sync up quite right and the top half of the screen will move at a different rate than the bottom but it generally works really well.
          Is that set to split frame rendering? I think there are different settings and if you set it to alternate frame rendering, it shouldn't tear like that.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            ... and going up in resolution to 1280x1024.
            Ah, missed that bit.
            |TG| Lorian
            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Nice! Welcome to the SLI club. (There actually is a club SLI btw)
              I've been on SLI for a while now and have had very few issues. Really none except for DHzer0point modded drivers which, after PoopyTheJ invited me to be a beta tester, we sorted out. That was a while ago.

Enjoy!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Awesome buckets. I've been running SLI for awhile as well, and haven't had any issues except for one. For some reason, my soundcard (Creative x-fi platinum) doesn't run well in SLI config. I hear some snap crackle popping in-game. So essentially one of my gpus is just sitting there because I gotta have good sound. It's a known issue so w/no fixes yet as far as I know, so if you need to upgrade your soundcard, doublecheck it to make sure things work out ok. I think it's an issue w/SLI and x-fi in general, and not just x-fi platinums.
                |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

The snap crackles and pops are just with every X-Fi in general. It's really aggravating to no end.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ssage.id=61926

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X