Tactile 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactile 3D

Thought this might be the right place for this.

http://www.tactile3d.com/

This is a fun 3d File access software program. It's still kinda betaish and there's alot more functionality being planned, but it's alot of fun to see what's coming down the pipe.

Link to a forum post with some good screen shots: http://www.tactile3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Re: Tactile 3D

really interesting. Gonna have to follow that along.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thats pretty sick, but doesn't it take up a big chunk of RAM and GPU power to run?

Comment

It's fun. It doesn't have enough functionality yet IMO to really be worth buying, but it is a sign of things to come IMO. It just needs more ease of use and more functioning. I made a post about it in the Dys Main forums:

Originally posted by nulloperations
        Always use Stadium mode myself, although I'd prefer it if I could just "fly into" an orb and go inside it. Phantom on the outside, solid on the inside.

I do so love the program, but it's not too practical for me to use yet. I'd prefer if the program would actually start on my desktop, not at the "my computer" section. Would give me more of a reason to use it.

EDIT: Playing around with it just now... and I notice some other small things.
        • 1) I can't create a shortcut to a container within the program. I have to go find the conainter in the system. Kinda annoying since I work mostly off my desktop and I have to fly through a bunch of folders to get to my work area. Creating a shortcut just opens the window for the folder, not what I want to do.
          2) I can't find a way to create short cuts to containers so I can have multiple ones up at once. If I'm working in photoshop, I need to have a few folders open so I can place tga's and psd's of different files in the way I like to organize my textures. This also hinders me when I want to work on various different writing stuff for my office work.
          3) I'd really like it if I could alter things in the program. I want it so when I open a notepad document, It doesn't open a window on my desktop to edit the file, I want to be able to type to it inside the program. I suppose that's asking for more OS level of design huh?

As the program is right now, it's just a toy not something I'd use long term untill it gets more functionality. Once it does improve, I'll happily switch over to it as my main manner of using my computer.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X