Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a wheel please

Hey guys,

as a few of us SMs are getting into GT Legends racing I was looking to replace my racing wheel. I am looking for one that has separate foot pedals, and also preferably padels behind the wheel. Crucially I would like this to not be force feedback - with the frequency and violence of my racing game accidents I think I would be in real danger of breaking my hand ;)

If anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance!

Re: Advice on a wheel please

I can't say enough good things about the Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback wheel. It has all the features you want, and obviously, it also has force feedback.

Honestly, I really recommend going with FF. The torque is not actually strong enough to be violent, even in the worst crashes. In fact, I find the feedback to be invaluable in driving better. When I've forgotten to plug the power in to run the FF, and driven anyway, I've always found my performance to drop substantially. I really depend on feeling the edge of the pavement, or variations in the road surface... heck, feeling traction give and slip... it all adds up to a more natural experience. The more natural, the more you can apply what you already know from driving real vehicles.

What's more, you can adjust the strength of the force feedback to find a zone that transmits at least some physical info without becoming heavy and laborous (I have mine set to max in order to get all the feedback possible).

If you can find one in a retail store, I'm sure you can try it out and return it if you can't find a comfort zone you like.

Even without the FF enabled, the MOMO wheel is outstanding. The wheel feels terrific and natural, and the pedals are terrific (the brake in particular has progressive tension, so it feels like you get natural brake resistance). The paddle shifters are adequate, and the 'stick' shifter can be swapped to left or right side of the case (too bad it's just a linear toggle... would be great if they came out with a gated shifter like some super expensive models have). I stick with the paddles for shifting and use the stick shifter for 1st gear and Reverse (for when I'm spun out and don't want to ratchet down to the gear I want).

Anyway... that's my pitch and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirfee View Post
      I can't say enough good things about the Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback wheel. It has all the features you want, and obviously, it also has force feedback.
      ditto dat.
      sigpic

Comment

I just picked up the Logitech MOMO wheel based on the recommendations of Mirfee and I can't say enough good things about it. I've only managed to play GT Legends a couple times with it due to recent time constraints, but the thing works great!
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Logitech Driving Force Pro, 900 degree steering.

link: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=7226
          Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...