Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need Memory!

Good morning all...

Anyone have some PC2700 memory sitting around gathering dust? :)

Started encountering more PC problems (random reboots and errors) and while trying to diagnose the cause this morning I realized the Quick Scan of memory on boot was ON. Turned it OFF and let it do a full memory scan and bam, there is the problem: 'Memory Failure'.

I have 2X 512MB PC2700 DDR-333 sticks. I tried both sticks one at a time in both slots and the memory failure on boot up followed one of the sticks so I guess that's the source of the recent problems.

Needless to say, I'm running on a measley 512MB at the moment and am looking to buy (or trade some games I don't play) at least another 512MB stick. BF2 is unbearable with anything less then 1GB.

Re: Help! Need Memory!

I'm upgrading to 2GB (next week), and will have four 256MB sticks (1GB total) available for you... they're dual-channel, pc3200 so running at pc2700 should be fine... If you're interested, I'll give em to you for $10 + shipping...

Comment

Thanks, I'll see what else I can find and let you know Whiskey.

I should have mentioned it in the first post but I can only use 2 of the 3 slots on my MB (yeah, I've verified, it's a limitation) so I'm looking for a 512MB stick if possible since I only have one more slot I can use.

Comment

Might I point you to this thread if you havent already seen it.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/buy-sel...-ram-sale.html

And Might I add some New Newegg.com 2GB (BF2 is a mem hog, and 2GB is a must for best performance)
        Oyee

Comment

I might have a stick in an old mobo let me see and I will get back with you
          sigpic

Comment

Hey D.A I've got one stick of pc 2700 256mb. I can't remember the manufacturor and I don't see it on the ram itself. I had it in my wifes old computer P4 1.8gig with an Asus board. I might have the whole set up sold if I don't we will work something out. Will let you know asap
            sigpic

Comment

Have you checked the RAM with Memtest? http://www.memtest86.com/
              Great program to verify that the memory is truly bad. I have sometimes seen the BIOS say that memory is good, while memtest will say it is bad. I once had the complete oposite happen as well, it surprised my and my friend. Later we found out that the BIOS had issues with that companies RAM that he had installed.
              -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Haven't run Memtest. Been running both sticks for over 6 months with no problem and since removing the 'bad' one this morning I have had ZERO problems. Now I just need to get back up to 1GB total. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X