Super Dell!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Dell!!!

Okay, so my gaming rig (AMD64 3200+, 1GB Ram, 6800AGP, X-fi, Ect) broke about a month ago, so i had to revert to my old system, which just so happens to be a dell. :(

Anyway, my current Specs:

Intel P4 2.4 Ghz (Slow as heck compared to the AMD system)
    nVidia 6800 AGP (Stuck at 4x because of the Mobo)
    Creative X-Fi Platnium (Crackles because of creative's bad drivers)
    Antec TruePower 550w (120w PS from dell didnt work, so i salvaged the PS from my AMD rig)
    512MB PC1066 RDRAM (At least its dual channel?)

Anyway, I cant over clock, cuz dude, i've got a dell. So, laugh it up... Maybe someone know's something I dont about my system that may bring it up-to-date with no money done to me...

Oh ya, and I over clocked my vid-card and unlocked the pipelines and what not to see if it made a difference... And it didnt.

So laugh away.
    Oyee

Re: Super Dell!!!

That's still faster than mine.

How in the heck do you unlock the pipelines?

Comment

Did your other one fry or something or did you drop it down the stairs?

Comment

I had a dell 2.4 ghz Intel chip. You can drop probably up to a 3.0 northwood chip in the dell mobo. x 4 for your memory to get up to 2GBS. Fresh install of Windows XP...You'll do okay with medium settings. Mine did
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I found this topic a while ago on how to overclock a Dell, not tried it though.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=223775
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I've got a bad PLL, so I cant overclock...

As for unlocking the piplines you've got to download a app named Rivatuner. It works for ATi and nVidia cards, but only some cards have masked pipelines that can be unlocked...

(Basiclly my 6800 is a GT with half the Vid Ram "370 Core, 808 Mem")

As for the memory, I wish I could afford a memory upgrade, but the specific type of memory my computer takes is WAY to expensive... It would literally be cheaper to by a new board/memory/CPU/Graphics card. By then it'd be a new computer. (Cheapest Price on eBay) Brand new the 1GB moduals go around 500...
            Oyee

Comment

consider yourself lucky, I have a fairly new dell that has an intel 815e graphics chipset that im stuck with because dell only put PCI slots on the mobo...no AGP slots, no PCI-express slots (that I can use...it's got a 1x slot, but all vid cards are 16x). So i have like 6 games that are completely useless unless I get a new mobo, case and vid card.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                consider yourself lucky, I have a fairly new dell that has an intel 815e graphics chipset that im stuck with because dell only put PCI slots on the mobo...no AGP slots, no PCI-express slots (that I can use...it's got a 1x slot, but all vid cards are 16x). So i have like 6 games that are completely useless unless I get a new mobo, case and vid card.
                They've got a graphics card that fits in the PCI 1X slot... Here umm:
                HIS Hightech Radeon X1300 PCI-e 1X

(I hear it gets hot, so watch the temps if you decide to get one...)
                Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                  512MB PC1066 RDRAM (At least its dual channel?)

That's your performance bottleneck right there.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                    That's your performance bottleneck right there.
                    Ya, I know. Low amount of slow memory, if it were cheaper i'd upgrade. I might as well buy a new computer, but that isnt going to happen anytime soon...

Unless I win big money or a pre-built computer from a contest!
                    Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X