FREE alternative to fraps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE alternative to fraps?

Tried searching here and on google, with no luck. Is there no absoulutely free alternative to fraps? I want to capture video with no time limit, but am not happy about the 37$ registration fee.

Re: FREE alternative to fraps?

Not sure how well it would work, but using AviScreen Classic to capture video, and Audacity to capture the audio might work.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Thanks, Lorian. I'm assuming that one prog that does both and is free doesnt exist. Ill give these a try.

Comment

I don't know, I haven't been able to find a free one though. But I was only looking for a program that has the option to not compress the video output, or compress it losslessly, and anything else I could find either compressed it or displayed a big watermark.
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

But anyway, I tried looking for a free alternative and there are none out there that come close to FRAPS.
          Last edited by CingularDuality; 09-18-2006, 12:21 PM. Reason: TG does not allow the promotion of piracy.

Comment

http://www.camstudio.org/

I haven't used it, but I've heard it does a decent job albeit at lower fps than fraps.
            New to TG?

Comment

camstudio is horrible.... bad compression, low fps, high cpu usage..... not worth it.... 37 bucks sounds like a decent deal.... the only other way would be to clone the video output to your s-video out, then take the audio and svideo and record it either on DVD or VHS.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Try here.

http://www.zdsoft.com/downloads.html
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement