Latency issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency issue

I dunno if i'm asking in the right place but um I was wondering if i could get help or advice on what to do about this... I just bought Call of Duty 2 for pc a couple days ago. And once installed I tried playing it and would lag badly from 200-900 ping at times and it still does it. I thought my connection was just bad at that moment. But i put in a different games and my connection was perfect playing them. And everything else i tried doing my ping was good and fast. Is there something wrong or i need to do?

If this helps my to answer my specs for my comp are:
    250 gb hd
    2 gigs of ram
    nVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 Processor 3800+

Re: Latency issue

hey need welcome to the last place you will ever play games. My first question for you is are you useing Directx 9 or 7. if oyu are useing 9 change it to direct x 7. That might fix it, if not let us know

and welcome to tg
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Hmm, well it could be a couple things. If it's just one game on the machine, and on every server you play with in that game, I'd be inclined to say you've got some video/audio settings in that game that your system doesn't like.

So, first thing I'd test would be to scale back the video settings a bit and see if it helps at all.

If it's just one game server that you're having problems on, it could be that you just have a bad route to that server. You can try a tracert (open run, type command, and in your command prompt enter tracert Server-IP-address, ie: tracert 564.02.8.42.

That will list out the number of connections you have to go through to get to the location you are pinging. If you have to go through 20-30 locations, or the latency numbers next to one or more skyrocket, there is very little you can do to fix it, I'm afraid.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Troop, and the help you two. Appreciate it alot. I'll try those two things out tomorrow sometime. This site seems cool, hope to get to know more people later. Once again thanks for the help. Cya around

Comment

Hey no problem, its what we do. If you have any more problems let us know and we will get you gaming again
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...