This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Utilities for Thunderbird/Firefox/Mozilla

Anyone know of any good freeware or open source utilities for backing up Thunderbird/Firefox? I currently use MozBackup, which works well but hasn't been updated in a while and I noticed that when using it to backup Thunderbird the files it creates are ~125MB per user. Seems a bit large since each user deletes all sent items, empties trash, etc. so that each user has maybe 25 e-mails total.

Re: Backup Utilities for Thunderbird/Firefox/Mozilla

I have Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE) For FireFox. I dont use thunderbird.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2109/

August 25th, 2006 MozBackup 1.4.5 released!
    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
    This is the last update I saw which seems pretty recent to me. I did not go over the changelog though.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Mozbackup is great. I recently got a new PC, and used MozBackup to move all FF and TB settings across. Everything (cookies, settings, toolbars and extensions) are exactly as before.

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u View Post
        August 25th, 2006 MozBackup 1.4.5 released!
        http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
        This is the last update I saw which seems pretty recent to me. I did not go over the changelog though.
        Hadn't seen the new release. I check their site periodically, just haven't since probably July. Guess I should have checked it before posting just to be safe. :)

Comment

Also if you have really large thunderbird files, it might be that they need to be compacted. Right click the folder and select Compact this folder.

Comment

I copy all the files in my profile folder except the cache on a flash drive. I dont use TB.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedFish View Post
              Also if you have really large thunderbird files, it might be that they need to be compacted. Right click the folder and select Compact this folder.
              Thanks for reminding me FriedFrish. I feel stupid now because I hadn't compacted in a while. The backup that used to be ~125MB is now 2.5MB. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X