Crash to desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop

While playing POE I have crashed to desktop twice last night. Everything seem to be working ok. But in mid game boom crash to desktop. Re-enter game and lplay for an hour or so and it did it again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: Crash to desktop

That happened to me once last night on the Zhytomyr map while switching weapons. That's not the first time I've crashed on that map.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

All I know is that it happens to everyone at one time or another.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

It just started happening to me. Now it happends 2x a night.
        I'm going to reformat to see if that helps. It's been 2 years.

Comment

It's happened to at least once a night that I'm on POE2. I don't seem to remember it happening before vanilla 1.4, but I think POE2 was only out for about a week before 1.4. I'm assuming 1.4's the culprit, but I could be mistaken.
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Thanks, at least I know its not just me.
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

<--- has the exact same problem. If someone figures this one out I am defiantely curious.
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Been happening to me a lot over the last week....especially on Fallen. When POE first came out this didn't happen. SO I'm gonna see if reinstalling the full 1.4 patch(did incremental initially) and POE again has any impact.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

It started happening to me originally on vanilla, and I haven't upgraded to 1.4 yet.

There's really two possibilities here, but we probably only see one due to everyone having the same problem.

First: 1.4 is curropt in some way, and crashes to desktop when certain files are loaded.

Second: Concidering BF2's resource usage, it could very well possibly be that with POE's extensive real-time environment (which we didn't see as much of in BF2) our PC's are acting, in some alien fashion, very weird towards the game itself.

To test the second theory, I'd probably ask everyone to make sure all background programs are closed while playing POE2. Check for hidden programs in the Processes menu of the Task Manager to make sure that nothing that shouldn't be running isn't. If this test produces the same results, and I wanted to move further in my research, I'd ask people to play the game a few times in safe-mode with networking to see if the problem still persists. If so, then it's the game itself, if not, then it's the game taking entirely too many resources.

It'd be a good idea to test, but I'm leaning more towards the game itself than all of these PC's not being able to handle the game.

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I'm not sure if it's happening on any particular map, but I do know it's happening on a regular basis, at least once everytime I play the game. i'll double check my taskmgr and see if anything that isn't supposed to be running isn't, but I'm pretty sure there won't be anything out of the ordinary.
                    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

happened to me tonight...happened a couple of times previous. I've got the full 1.4 patch AND I'm working from a fresh install of windows and BF2 etc.
                      Last edited by Grunt 70; 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM. Reason: revised patch #
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        happened to me tonight...happened a couple of times previous. I've got the full 1.3 patch AND I'm working from a fresh install of windows and BF2 etc.
                        I know that Lucky Shot CTD'd twice in a row and More Gooder did once. I did once last night as well. It seems to be infectious.
                        War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

the same thing happens to me I turn of the McAffee antivirus and it is ok?
                          Weird. I also noted it more in your site then others.. funny huh?

Comment

Yeah, I used to get it a couple of times a week, now if I'm sitting down to an evening of PoE I can crash 4-5 times before finally giving up.
                            2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
                            BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

Originally posted by Maus View Post
                              Yeah, I used to get it a couple of times a week, now if I'm sitting down to an evening of PoE I can crash 4-5 times before finally giving up.

This right here is the worst part. After I've CTD'd 3 times or so I just stop playing and find something else to do. I love POE but enough is enough.

Oh and on another note have any of ya'll (yes I said "ya'll") noticed excessive ping rates? I've been getting pings in the upper thousands and I KNOW that's not right.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X