Trying to run Nuclear Strike on Windows XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to run Nuclear Strike on Windows XP

So, I've dusted off that old game and installed it, but the game refuses to run on my PC. I only get a black screen.

Someone help me, please.

Re: Trying to run Nuclear Strike on Windows XP

The game Nuclear strike is pre windows 98 I think. You could try right clicking on the games EXE file and click properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Try running the game in 95 or 98 and or lowering the color in the dislplay. Does the black screen say no signal? Did you install the newest patch for the game?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

The problem is, I get the black screen when the Compatibility thing is turned on. Otherwise the desktop just flashes and nothing happens.

Yes, I have installed the latest patch. I know that the game worked before on my old AMD Thunderbird with that old 9000 Pro on Windows Me.

Comment

Windows ME was basically Windows 98 with pretty things added to it. It was really a waste of time and a peice of trash, tbqh.

I tried running Nuclear Strike myself on XP (Home Edition) and it wouldn't work for me either, although I got a bit farther than you did (the menu would load up, but the game itself wouldn't function). I'd have to go with the rest with this one and say it's a compatability problem. Either that, or your graphics card can't handle it, in which case you're owned. :D

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X