Firefox 2.0 RC1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 2.0 RC1

Just opened FF and received the pleasant surprise that 2.0 RC1 was available for download. Glad to see they met their milestone. If it's possible, RC1 even seems a bit faster then Beta 2 on my machine.

Now if only my extensions would get updates soon so they work. :)

Open Source is great!

Re: Firefox 2.0 RC1

Any cool new features that jump out at you.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Not especially, just feels a bit more polished and faster then Beta 2. The GUI seems to have been tweaked a little, the first thing I noticed is the subtle changes to the tabs in the GUI. I'm just happy it's gone RC1 because most of the extensions I use have been waiting for RC1 or later to update.

I hacked ForecastFox based upon a thread I found posted on a forum somewhere and could probably do it again but I'll wait and see if they release an official update in the next couple of days.
      Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 09-26-2006, 11:45 PM. Reason: Correct RC2 to Beta 2

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
        Not especially, just feels a bit more polished and faster then RC2.
        Huh? RC2 was before RC1?
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

He meant Beta 2.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I like the tweaks that they have made to the tab menu when you have a ton going across. They shrink to a certain size and then just scroll. Been running the beta for a while now, maybe since Beta 1. The biggest thing that I don't like about FF2 is that not very much of the plugins I use work with it yet. Hopefully they will start to update them. At least the most important (imho) has been ported already, adblock and the filterset.g update.
            -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

I haven't up'd to 2.0 yet because it doesn't meet any needs I have.

Adblock and Filtersetg... good lord... those two extensions make the entire "use Firefox" argument hands down.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post

Adblock and Filtersetg... good lord... those two extensions make the entire "use Firefox" argument hands down.
                What's Filtersetg? I have Adblock and love that program, but remember that when you visit your favourite sites to shut it off so you can help support the site and let the get cash for ads.

Another really good extension is IEView.
                BF2142 Name: Polish_Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Janw View Post
                  What's Filtersetg?
                  It's an extension that automatically updates the filters for AdBlock.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                    It's an extension that automatically updates the filters for AdBlock.
                    Sweet, I think I will grab this extension then. Just hope it doens't block my ads on my website.

Comment

Anyone having trouble with PDF files? I'm finding they cause the browser to freeze. I'm running Acrobat 7 Pro, fully updated.
                      2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
                      BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

Originally posted by Maus View Post
                        Anyone having trouble with PDF files? I'm finding they cause the browser to freeze. I'm running Acrobat 7 Pro, fully updated.
                        What I noticed about PDF's is that the initial load of a PDF freezes the browser, but if you just wait it usually starts working not to long after.

Comment

Originally posted by Janw View Post
                          Another really good extension is IEView.
                          agreed - use that one a lot... unfortunately :/

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post

ditto. FF - extensions = meh

Comment

Just in case the extensions thing is what's stopping you.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=499277

(1,000 posts. Hooray)

Comment

I have two things.

First. Another really good extension for FF is the FasterFox extension. The extension basically tweeks the core FF settings to allow faster computers and internet connections get better performance.

Second thing. Is FF2 much better with memory management and is it any better than FF1?

Thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...