• New Saitek keyboard Eclipse II

I really want one of these.

Pics look great, here's some reviews.

http://www.techgage.com/article/sait...nated_keyboard

Video showing key-lights.

http://www.everythingusb.com/saitek_..._keyboard.html
    [defense]

Re: New Saitek keyboard Eclipse II

Yea, I've got the original Eclipse keyboard. It's pretty nice, but I have three issues with it. One is like the article mentioned, the keys are backlit by a common source underneath instead of seperately. Two is that it only has one degree of height adjustment, something that it looks like the Eclipse II fixes. And three, the keys feel a little too closely spaced for optimal comfort. Still a great keyboard though, and it looks like the new one will be much improved.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

The silver paint on my WASD keys are gone, theyre just....transparent now :-(
      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
        The silver paint on my WASD keys are gone, theyre just....transparent now :-(
        Yeah, that's my one complaint about my Eclipse. I love the design, feel and response and can even deal with the back-lighting but the silver started wearing off the frequently used keys after a couple of months. Hopefully that is resolved in the Eclipse II.

Comment

I have the original Eclipse keyboard, and frankly, I don't love it. My biggest problems is that the backlighting tends to get washed out by the monitor. It's so bad that I even resorted to glow in the dark stickers on the keys, but that didn't work out at all. Now, when in a dimly lit room, I just turn off the backlighting. Looks pretty on the desk, but it's functionality is less than advertised IMO.

You might want to head to a big box store with a good return policy and check it out vs. the Logitech for low light situations.

KZ17
          [combat]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...