Issues with firefox....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with firefox....

Ok this is kind of an annoying problem, I will try to explain it as best I can. I am currently using Opera as a result, firefox uninstalled.

Here is what happens. I start windows, and there is a firefox.exe that laods on startup (around 3mb). I hadn't noticed it loading on startup in the past but here it was. At first I thought it was spyware but programs I used showed the origin being the mozilla folder (and it disappeared after firefox uninstall).

The problem is that if I leave the process running it will freeze up windows when I try to run almost any program (it can be unfrozen by pressing ctrl-alt-del several times, maybe it makes explorer temporarily not respond). If I close the process however everything runs fine and I can use firefox no problem. Similar thing happens with other firefox based browsers, so here I am using Opera.

It's not a huge problem I am satisfied with Opera, but I would like to go back to firefox. I have tried both 1.5 and 2.0 beta and both cause this problem. Anyone know why this process comes on at startup?

Cheers

EDIT: I have seen others report this (the existance of the process not necessarialy the problem I have) but have found no soluiton in removing it.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Issues with firefox....

Having done some further reading it may possibly be some virus/spyware that attaches itself to the default browser (I don't ahve this problem with Opera though).

Please let me know if you hear something about it (I <3 firefox :(.)

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I don't know how to solve your problem, really, but maybe you have accidentally put an executable file in your startup folder that also showes up thru your start menu. If it is, I'd remove it.

Maybe it's a plugin you installed? You could always try system restore.

I'm sorry if my answers are so vague or just tottally off. I'm not quite understanding your situtation, quite since I myself have run into no problems with firefox of yet.

Now that I think of it, I remember an article talking about a firefox overflow issue. A virus/trojan/spyware could be triggering it. Unfortunately it is a problem that mozilla hasn't been able to fix at the time being. I'd try and get a good virus protection/firewall. I myself use zone alarm, but Avast works great as well as Kerio personal firewall.

-Sirusblk

Comment

Well..... I just reinstalled ff and everything seems ok for now. I will see if the problem surfaces soon again ><. I ran a whole bunch of spyware/virus detection programs, hopefully that did the trick.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Go to sysinternals.com and download and run autoruns. This program shows ALL the startup programs, services, registry-RunOnce etc etc that are executed when starting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X