S-Video help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Video help?

Here is my situation. I am trying to watch movies from my laptop to my TV. I have the S-video cable and plugged it into both the TV and the lappy. But nothing comes on the TV. I dont know what I have to do. I dont have the instruction booklet for the cable so that is out of the question. Can you guys help me out? Thanks

Dirtboy
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: S-Video help?

Did you remember to set your laptop's output to S-Video port? Also, did you remember to put your TV's input to the S-Video port?

You can change the laptop's output by pressing FN+F8 (Usually). Otherwise, go to your display settings and click the Advance button below your color settings. In the new menu, look for a Display tab and change your output setting there.

But, yes, also make sure you have your TV setup to actually be accepting the S-Video signal. Just press Input on your remote until you reach the right input channel.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Comment

Not sure if this would work.

If you have ati gpu, try "alt+F5" to toggle between displays. If not try go to the advance setting of the display and see how to toggle between diaplays.
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Make sure you plug it in before turning the computer on, or it will not display anything on the TV. (At least, that's how mine works.)
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Got it working....thanks guys for all your help:)

Comment

Now he is happy watching his downloaded version of Jessica Alba winning Sexiest Hero Award at the 2006 Scream Awards...

Dirtboy is HAPPY!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
              Now he is happy watching his downloaded version of Jessica Alba winning Sexiest Hero Award at the 2006 Scream Awards...

Dirtboy is HAPPY!
              I was actually watching Sin City, one of the best Alba movies of all tim:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X