Headset Problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset Problem.

Ie recently bought a headset. I plugged it in what i belive is the right plug sockets, but nothing happens. I think the problem may be down to one of my sockets being a different size to the plug. The headset is one with 2 plugs (black and pink). I know where the pink one goes but not the black.

Re: Headset Problem.

If it's like the ones I have, the pink goes to the microphone input to the computer and the black goes to the sound/speaker jack on your computer.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Comment

These are the jacks i have on my PC.

Front (Green)
      Surr (Black)
      C/sub (Yellow)
      B/surr (mowve)
      Line in (Pink) Has _____Mic sort of thing.
      And a little line like |

Comment

black goes into Front (green)

Comment

But thats the one my speakers are in.

Comment

ah... well then you either need to unplug your speakers or get one of these:

...which you can get for ~$5 at radioshack/bestbuy/etc..

Comment

If you have speakers, they go to the green, headset goes black, mic goes pink. Do you want to listen to the speakers while you have the headset also on? You can just swich from green to black depending upon if you want to hear out of the speakers or headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by Raging Reality View Post
                But thats the one my speakers are in.
                Well, unless you unplug your speakers, they're going to be playing too.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have my speakers plugged it, took them out but the sound can through the headset, so put them back. I have the pink plug in the jack (pink one), which is the mouthpeice, tried it on a server and no-one heard me.

Comment

I have multiple outputs too. ( Audigy 2ZS) I have my computer audio feeding into my surround sound receiver and when I want quiet while playing I plug my headphones into my receiver. Any chance you can do that?
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well, i have got one of those splitter things WhiskeySix recommended. Problem is now no-one can hear me when i say somthing in game. Mabye a faulty headset im not sure.

Comment

Make sure the pink plug is plugged into the microphone port on your soundcard. I know it's been said already but it's worth double or triple checking.

I use a desktop microphone that cost around 10 bucks. I had good Sony headphones and wanted to keep them.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Im sure its plugged into the pink jack. Ive tried setting it up using the mic setup on BF2, but nothing. The guy in PCWorld said i may have a faulty mic.

Comment

open your sound mixer/settings thing and under advanced, switch to "record" - this will bring up the volume sliders for things like mic-in and line-in...

make sure Mic isn't muted and that it's turned up. There you shoudl also be able to "Enable Mic Boost +20db" or somethign like that - it's requried for non-amplified mics (which is roughly all of them unless you're in a studio or somethign)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              open your sound mixer/settings thing and under advanced, switch to "record" - this will bring up the volume sliders for things like mic-in and line-in...

make sure Mic isn't muted and that it's turned up. There you shoudl also be able to "Enable Mic Boost +20db" or somethign like that - it's requried for non-amplified mics (which is roughly all of them unless you're in a studio or somethign)
                              Ive been on that before, just gotta remeber where it is now.

Know what path it would be like /C: Settings somthing?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X