Windows XP crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP crash

Hey guys. I fired up my pc this afternoon and couldn't get past the windows load screen. My pc rebooted itself, and the screen giving you the options to boot to safe mode etc popped up. I decided to go w/last known good config. and that didn't work, pc rebooted, back to safe mode option screen. I chose safe mode, got into windows, then I restarted. I was able to load windows normally, but I got a stop error, and the option to submit an error report. After submitting the report, this is what I got from Microsoft:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response...ea0375a&SID=11

My drivers are up to date, but how do I manually decrease my hardware acceleration for my video cards?

EDIT: NVM, I found the link... Any ideas why this would happen all of a sudden?
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: Windows XP crash

Omega drivers have a warning about hardware acceleration on ATI cards... never had the issue personally though.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

What are your hardware specs?

- -

Comment

Seagate Barracuda HDD
        Asus a8n-32delux-SLI
        amd 4400+
        2gb Kingston RAM
        2 evga 7800gt's
        ultra 600w psu
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Do you have an X-Fi by any chance?

EDIT: oops I see the error has something to do with a video driver. Because that happens to me once in a while and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my X-Fi although the microsoft error just says something about a device driver.

Comment

Try some new video drivers. I am getting pretty disgusted with nvidia lately. Wouldn't be surprised if it was that.

Comment

@jmaker... Yeah I do have an x-fi. I just forgot to mention it above.

@Marstein... I've got updated drivers on everything that I can think of.
              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Well it's losing it's memory somewhere. My suggestion is start with an older more stable driver. Also check out Nvidia forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue. Make sure you remove previous drivers, restart and install new drivers for the video cards.

I'm not to experienced with SLI so i can't really Troubleshoot that for you but I'd say that this is indeed a video issue.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X