Logitech G5 configuration difficulty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G5 configuration difficulty

My daughter bashed my old simple but good MS intellimouse. I've been using it for years but I was looking for an excuse to upgrade so how can I be mad right???

Anyhow...As the title says I've got difficulty configuring it. Specifically the middle mouse button and the extra button under the right thumb. The buttons work when I'm browsing the net. The middle button scrolls web pages and when I depress the mousewheel It does the funky auto scroll thing. The thumb button acts as the back button--so I now they are functioning.

I've been trying to program them for COD2 and BF2 but when I attempt to configure those buttons they don't get recognized or registered when I'm in the game configuration screen for each respective title.

I used the cd that came with the mouse and when I figured out I had problems configuring I downloaded the latest driver from the Logitech website.

There is a configuration interface on the logitech software. Each button of the mouse can be assigned to perform different tasks. I'll try fiddling around with that and see if I've got it set wrong there.

Anyhow...in the meantime...if someone has this mouse and went through this I'd be grateful for a tip on how to fix it. I really wanted this mouse so I could set the keys differently for different games.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: Logitech G5 configuration difficulty

Don't know about that one but my MX-1000 laser was easy. I just put the key in I want and it works. I assign a 2 to one of the buttons and when I press that button it prints a 2. So in game what ever is set to the 2 button works. Keep fiddling with it.

On mine I start the software and under the "Button" tab
    1. SELECT MOUSE
    2. SELECT BUTTON
    Highlight the key to reassign.
    3. KEYSTROKE ASSIGNMENT
    3a. type in the new assignment. (ex.2)

Hope this helps.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

I have an MX518 (2 thumb buttons). I don't use the Logitech driver. You may want to try using the native XP driver ?

DB
      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 10-25-2006, 08:44 AM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Well I figured it out...

The logitech driver has an interface and it allows you to assign the keys different functions. I had my thumb key and the middle mouse key assigned as "back" and "universal scroll". This limited it to that function and that function only which is why I could not change configuration while in game.

I changed the functionality of those two keys to read " generic" instead of "back" and "universal scroll" I restarted and then was able to manipulate the configuration while in game. All is well now except I wish I went with the MX 518 for the additional thumb button...but I'm happy with it.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

See I couldn't stand my other mouse that had 2 thumb buttons. I love my G5 with the single thumb button. I also love how you can change the weight of it and control the sensitivity on the fly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X