X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

Sennheiser PC165 Pro-Gaming USB Headphones

http://www.sennheisercommunications....roductId=PC165

Does anyone here own a set, if so can you report results?
    [defense]

Re: Headphones

I have the PC160s, which, I believe, are the non-USB versions of the same headphone. They replaced a lower level Altec lansing set and are far superior. The sound quality is very good for a headset, however they can fairly be considered middlin for headphones. I have a pair of cheapo Senn PX100s and even some Koss KSC 75 clip ons that blow them away in terms of music, but of course, no mic on those.

The mic is top notch and after a few hours of break in they actually become comfortable to wear for an extended period of time. It does take a while for the comfort factor to kick in so be prepared for that.

Directionally speaking they are very good. I don't know how they match up to the multi-speaker headsets, but for stereo it's very good.

Overall, if you are looking for a gaming headset as opposed to music headphones, I would recommend them.

KZ17
    [combat]

Comment

I did have a set of SpeedLink Medusa SL-8793 5.1 ProGamer Edition headphones. I stood on them last night so they are fixed with Tape atm.
      I must say i loved these headphones as they where so comfortable to wear and the 5.1 sound was great. I am tempted to buy again but would like to look around 1st.
      [defense]

Comment

Phaze, if you're ok using non-5.1 headphones, PC world are doing a plantronics headset for 18. According to others on the server, my mic is pretty good, and the sound quality is definitely fine.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by phaze View Post
          Sennheiser PC165 Pro-Gaming USB Headphones

http://www.sennheisercommunications....roductId=PC165

Does anyone here own a set, if so can you report results?
          I owned a pair and had to send them back because the were so uncomfortable. They are not circumaural, and the mic is dodgey. I went with some IceMat Black Siberias and they are most excellent!
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X