X-FI problem thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-FI problem thread

After realizing I was about to hijack this thread, I tought I'd start a thread for people that have problems with their X-FI cards (crackling, etc). I searched the forums to avoid double posting, but if I missed an existing thread on the subject, please delete my post.

I you experience that problem, please post your system specs (mobo, video card, etc). If you have fixed your problem, please post your solution.

Here's a link with some information on what Creative suspects is the problem.

I was considering buying an X-FI, so this is not a totally altruistic gesture on my part :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Re: X-FI problem thread

asus a8n 32sli delux
    2x evga 7800gt
    2GB KVR
    200 seagate HDD
    x-fi platinum SC

When I turn off SLI, the crackling stops. In fact, since the last set of drivers from Creative, w/SLI turned on, it stopped. However, since I started playing 2142, it started up again.
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Dell Dem 8250
      512MB RDRAM (Dual Channel)
      Geforce 6800 AGP
      80GB Seagate
      2x 40GB Maxtor
      X-Fi Platinum SC

I get crackling most of the time, mainly when things are working real hard in the background. I think it has to deal with Dual Channel.
      Oyee

Comment

I just purchased a X-Fi music but have not received all my parts yet for the new machine. When I heard about the crackling noise I searched online. I did find this post that does talk about various ways to fix the problem.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...