• Show
Clear All

• New nVidia GPU

hmmmmm tasty

That means the older cards will be coming down in price. :icon6:

A review from ExtremeTech
    may only work in IE
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Re: New nVidia GPU

More Reviews. :icon_bigg

http://www.3dchipset.com/index.php

Comment

yeah....i wonder how many cheats it uses ;)

j/k This looks great...but im sure ATI will be 1-2% faster ;)
      From Adam Webb

Comment

im being realistic....... and i not gone to bed yet......

theres already alot of moaning about the size of the card (shorter than a 5950u but still too long aparently) or the fact it uses two power connectors... Yet when ATI release a card that will need 2 power connectors, all will be fine......sigh. Some people can be such idiots.

Ill buy the best*, i dont care whos name is on it.

*unless its 100more for 1% difference :p
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Some people fail to realize that if you want a bigger faster and better car its going to be bigger suck more fuel and take more room.

BTW, I believe ATI's new card doesnt support PS3.0. If you havent seen some of the pictures compairing 2.0 to 3.0 you should, its just amazing. So what if ATI's is faster if you can get 2X image quality with Nvidia.

If that doesnt add up then I will put it this way, Nvidia is the new king and will remain for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
            Some people fail to realize that if you want a bigger faster and better car its going to be bigger suck more fuel and take more room.

BTW, I believe ATI's new card doesnt support PS3.0. If you havent seen some of the pictures compairing 2.0 to 3.0 you should, its just amazing. So what if ATI's is faster if you can get 2X image quality with Nvidia.

If that doesnt add up then I will put it this way, Nvidia is the new king and will remain for a while.
            yup, those guys seem to want gfx cards to perform like they do today, but only have a footprint of a ATI7200 (those ones that are like 2inches high)

oh and the pictures you saw (im guessing its the same site) with PS2 vs PS3 is wrong, its PS1.1 vs PS3 (nvidia tests) my ati9700pro looks like the PS3 shots.....it was the farcry images right? What they forgot to show you is the fact it cant render water right atm and has AF detail problems right now (beta drivers of corse so yes it will be fixed)

in real life im sure PS3 will be good, but for the next 2 years it will be limited to them gay demos ATI/Nvidia make, like the Bear/Dawn demos :P I know the odd game will support it but not everything. I mean, how many Games use PS2 right now? and PS2 has been out how long? 2, 3 years? I doubt ATI wont have PS3, and even if they dont i doubt it will matter, its no way near the 2x image quality you say. Anyway ATI's FSAA is better, and hopefully they "fixed" the AF issues.

And my last point would be, Will the cards be able to DO PS3 at solid FPS? or will it be like the early TnL cards? Really slow with TnL enabled?

Nvidia have done a good job, and you have to if your behind. But my money is staying in my pocket until ATI release there cards, and who knows i might even wait until PCI-Expressx16 enabled cards come out, With ATI's native support, im sure they will find another couple of %......
            From Adam Webb

Comment

I wouldnt upgrade yet either, Ill wait till next year and go for a large upgrade like a 64bit conversion and a new graphics card.

Seems like all the new engines are getting delayed anyhow.

Comment

some of us are already running 64bit ;)
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                  I know, and you paid dearly for it as well.

Comment

how so? I paid 270 for the best CPU on the market instead of 390 for the best intel...........hardly "paid dearly"
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Yes we are and I didn't pay a dime...

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
                        Just add two zeros onto that 1 and 2 and your about 100% right on.... ;)

^
                        Yeah...Holly's back.
                        i was being nice to Nvidia untill im sure of the result ;)

WB btw.
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

i was being nice to Nvidia untill im sure of the result ;)

WB btw.
                          I here ya, Money isnt ceep

Comment

I here ya, Money isnt ceep
                            ??

im not sure what you mean here? Maybe that your tight fisted?

I wouldnt buy the Nvidia (or ATI) untill i was sure it was going to be the best for the next year or so, as soon as ATI release theres we will know the result and know what to buy. I mean, you'd sure look stupid if you brought a 6800u now and the ATI came out being cheaper and faster wouldnt you?

Anyway the 6800u release is a paper release, you cant buy them anywhere, im sure ATI will probably beat them to the shops......

... if your still going on about me "wasting money" on an A64 then maybe you should buy a slower, more expensive and hotter Intel P4 Prescott?
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

I agree Holly......

It is nice to have a 15 month old computer still in the 90th percentile, and with a $130 proc upgrade to a 3000+, I am now back to what they are selling as gaming rigs in all the magazines..... hell, my laptop almost qualifies as a gaming rig.

It is so nice to not feel antiquated every freakin 6 months...... like a 2gig proc is really going to be below a minimum spec in the next 3 years...........

post count = 1000 ..............yay for me...........
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X