Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DVD-RW Drive (E): will not work {help}

Greetings TG community.

Yesterday, when I went to put a C.D. into my Lightscribe DVD +/- Writer/CD-Writer Drive (E) the computer did not pick it up. Sure it made some noice and a green light flashed and all, but the computer did not think anything was in there and stopped making noise and lights flash. With the BF2 disk in the drive, when i click on PoE2 i get a message that i must put the disk in the drive. Meanwhile it is already in there.

Drive F works o.k. Listening to The Essential Daryl Hall & John Oates.
    I like track number... /Rick must stay focus/

I believe I know what the problem is. I am embarrased to say that I have been using Drive E for playing BF2 and playing music CDs. I guess I put too much work on a drive that was not supposed to handle that kind of work load.

If this is the case, my warrenty runs out very soon, I bought it from Circuit City.

What do you guys think?
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: My DVD-RW Drive (E): will not work {help}

Take it to Circuit City and get you a new one.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

ooooh here shes comes, look out boy she'll chew you up!
      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Is that the HP DVD840RI Drive? How long ago did you get it? Have you made any changes to your system recently that would cause a conflict with the drive? I have to ask these questions because I am a tech (technically a firedog, I do work at Circuit City), but I had this happen to me at on our tech bench computer recently.

/off topic slightly
        Think we burned to many DVD's on it recently and just burnt it our litterally. It was a brand new lightscribe x16 dvd burner ~3 months ago and it just began burning and reading at 1.9 to 2x. Then again we did burn on average 3 to 5 DVD's a day ever since we opened...
        /off topic
        -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

DUDE! I've had the SAME problem with my la cie lightscribe drive as well! Coincidentally, it's also my E: drive.

I started having problems a while after I installed windows XP x64 on my computer. I don't think the OS is the problem since it has burned discs via the current OS before.

I think, though, that it's a hardware problem. Unfortunately I can't return the drive, as I bought it online about a year and 4 months ago.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Interesting this is happening to only e: drives, at work where we burned that one out it was E as well. Is the Lacie drive an OEM of an HP drive or Toshiba-samsung?
            -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Have you tried going to the start menu and right-clicking on "my computer"
              then going to manage.....then to device manager...then right click in the right window over your computer and scan for new hardware?

My last install of windows had something wrong where it would drop my cd/dvd drive occasionally and this would solve it for a while.

Comment

It's not that the computer won't recognize the drive....it does. It's that the drive won't recognize when it has a disk in it.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
                  Have you tried going to the start menu and right-clicking on "my computer"
                  then going to manage.....then to device manager...then right click in the right window over your computer and scan for new hardware?

My last install of windows had something wrong where it would drop my cd/dvd drive occasionally and this would solve it for a while.
                  Great advice.

Thanks everyone.

I did what you said, but I am having the same issues as Sir Brass.

No worries, I checked out my reciept my warrenty is good until December 07. I do not burn CDs any, so there is no rush.
                  (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                  (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                  (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                  Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                  Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I wasn't worrying about it until I realized that my 330 GB RAID0 array was filling up fast and that I needed to burn my current completed video collections to DVD.

Well, I do have a DVD +/- RW, too bad it won't even recognize a blank DVDR to burn.

Comment

get a firmware upgrade.

dont know your brand but search firmware and model # then get the latest firmware. Might not be the burner, might be the disca are different since you burned last.

There are only 15 factories on earth who make CDs and DVDs for all the brands. When they change specifications the dvd burner companies include them in their firmware. And remember, always, Tayo Yugen.

Comment

I did the firmware update....didn't work.

And the drive won't recognize ANY disk in the drive, not DVDR, not CDR, not even normal CD or DVD-ROM, or DVD video! It will NOT recognize when a disk is in the drive....AT ALL.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X