Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archived PMs, reading the XML format

Hey folks,

Has anyone got a nifty scheme to read and search their PMs from the downloaded XML file?

Searching through them in Word just doesn't seem that fun...

:)

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Re: Archived PMs, reading the XML format

I keep them in a folder and use findstr to search them, then I open the matching file in Notepad and search for the text I'm focusing on.

That works very well, but I'd like something cleaner.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What are you guys trying to do exactly? Are you trying to view them externally?

Comment

This seems to work fairly well.

http://vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=393051
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post

This is pretty good. Nice find! :icon14:

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
          if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post

Indeed!

Thanks.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X