Windows media player -- videos very dark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows media player -- videos very dark

I'm in the process of getting my new rig all setup and everything installed. I have an eVGA 7950GT video card with the latest nVidia drivers. I also have Windows Media Player 10. Everything is patched up on my machine.

When I try to play .wmv files in windows media player, the videos are very dark or almost completely black. I don't believe I've made changes to my video settings color, brightness, etc.

Any suggestions?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Windows media player -- videos very dark

I have this same problem. If I activate and deactivate NVKeystone, it goes back to regular brightness. Similarly, if I go into the Nvidia control panel and hover my mouse over the video & television settings, it goes back to regular brightness. I have no clue what's causing the problem. This happens with anything I try to play with media player classic.

Comment

Ok, I think I found the solution. I had to do this once a long time ago. I just forgot about it. Here is what worked for me...

Using the old nvidia control panel, select the color correction screen. Change the "apply color changes to" drop down to "All" and the drop down below that to "All Channels". Then hit the "restore defaults" button and hit apply.

Now my movies in WMP appear to be ok.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I use VLC Media Player. It plays anything you throw at it.

Comment

I get that a lot too....I think it has something to do with Nvidia's new control panel....I don't recall it ever doing with the old one, seemed to start with the 9x.xx drivers.
          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
            I also have Windows Media Player 10.
            Just to let you know Media player 11 is out. I have been using it for a few days now and it has some great new additions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx
            [defense]

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
              I get that a lot too....I think it has something to do with Nvidia's new control panel....I don't recall it ever doing with the old one, seemed to start with the 9x.xx drivers.
              The new Nvidia control panel and drivers are pretty screwy in my system, too. After I installed the new drivers (was running on 84.x betas) a bunch of my desktop icons disapeared and corrupted, and my desktop wouldn't display, despite it being a normal JPEG image. When viewed in irfanview it was fine, when put to the windows desktop it disapeared. It also made it impossible to play Planetside for any stretch of time because i started getting the White Texture Bug and wierd plane clipping like crazy, which I never had before.

I rolled back to my 84.20 drivers and my desktop came back to normal, but I still get errors in Planetside (though now it only happens after ~ 3 hours of play) and some wierd bugs in other games (models clipping/"shimmering" during camera pans, etc)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X