netgear cg814wg router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netgear cg814wg router

Ok, I'm throwing this out there, seeing if anyone has suggestions. My friend has a comcast netgear cg814wg router. That mean's it's a cable modem, and wireless router all in one neat little package. It has a problem with several games. CS:source, bf2 , bf2142, and it doesn't work with x box live very well. Port forwarding is of no help. Firmware updating isn't an option since it seems that since it's vendor run firmware, they have to update it. I did some searching and it seems a number of people have experienced this problem. Basically it will find a few servers, then discontinue it's update. On xbox live, it will sign in just fine, but cut out at seemingly random times. At first i thought it might have to do with mtu size, but that seems an unlikely explanation. we're about ready to throw this thing out the window, but I'm wondering if anyone has the same router and has had the problem.
    |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Re: netgear cg814wg router

sounds like ISP control. just use it for a modem and get another wireless router to connect to it and see if that helps.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by dfg872 View Post
      Ok, I'm throwing this out there, seeing if anyone has suggestions. My friend has a comcast netgear cg814wg router. That mean's it's a cable modem, and wireless router all in one neat little package. It has a problem with several games. CS:source, bf2 , bf2142, and it doesn't work with x box live very well. Port forwarding is of no help. Firmware updating isn't an option since it seems that since it's vendor run firmware, they have to update it. I did some searching and it seems a number of people have experienced this problem. Basically it will find a few servers, then discontinue it's update. On xbox live, it will sign in just fine, but cut out at seemingly random times. At first i thought it might have to do with mtu size, but that seems an unlikely explanation. we're about ready to throw this thing out the window, but I'm wondering if anyone has the same router and has had the problem.
      Dunno about that specific one, but the modem/router I was using had a limited number of connections through the NAT (512), so it did the same thing; stopped updating when I searched for servers.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

eh, he's just gonna trade it in for a regular modem and get a good router.
        |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

Originally posted by dfg872 View Post
          eh, he's just gonna trade it in for a regular modem and get a good router.
          Sound decision.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X