• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LCD for gaming...

i dont know what i should be looking into getting

Re: Best LCD for gaming...

Well, before anyone else posts:

Don't believe anyone that says you need to buy such-and-such a speed display to avoid ghosting. That is largely a bunch of hogwash propigated through the masses that everyone repeats ad-nauseum.

Personally, I really like the Samsung LCD displays 3 years or so running and not a single dead pixel on either (I have dual 19" Samsung 191T's). Make sure you get in front of a bunch of LCD displays and take them for a test drive.

Find one that looks good to you and doesn't exhibit the ghosting problem. Best Buy is a good place for this. They seem to have a wide selection of monitors to check out.

You'll want a monitor that uses a DVI interface, but if it supports both DVI and VGA, that's even better. Of course, to use DVI you need a video card that has a DVI connector on the back.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

^^What he said.^^^

I run dual Samsung's as well. My primary is the SyncMaster 930B and the secondary is the 913T, both in DVI. Great LCD monitors in my opinion. Have not had a problem what so ever. Great for gaming.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

^^What they both said^^

Samsung 940B 19 inch.

Love it.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Dell has some pretty sweet Ultra Sharps to, i've got 3, I mainly use the 17" for gaming, but i also have a 21" that my dad uses on his work computer (If my vid card could handle it i'd steal it from him). But i also hear a LOT of good stuff from the Samsung area.
          Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by CapY View Post
            i dont know what i should be looking into getting
            Ok now I know you may not want to spend the money on this but I have got the dell 24 inch ultrasharp widescreen and I could not be more pleased. The price point is around 700 dollars for 24 inches of sexual goodness at 1920x1200
            http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1991647,00.asp

Comment

Acer AL1916Fbd Black 19" 2ms (GTG)

what are your thoughts on that monitor?

Comment

The only problem with LCD is running games in another resolution than they natively support. If you go ahead and buy a sleek 24" 2048 x 1980 thing your game running at 1280x1024 will look rather "chunky"(in lack of better words) : http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/21,50.html
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

well im going to be keeping it in the 19" area

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                    The only problem with LCD is running games in another resolution than they natively support. If you go ahead and buy a sleek 24" 2048 x 1980 thing your game running at 1280x1024 will look rather "chunky"(in lack of better words) : http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/21,50.html
                    thats very true good point. However theres a new organisation that is dedicated to widescreen gaming called, the WSGF http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...itle=Main_Page and so far I have not found one game that they could not support. BF2 in 1900x1200 actually makes it harder because you find yourself turning your head to scan the screen.

Comment

for all the reviews i have read i believe the acer one that i mentioned has the best reviews and a low price

Comment

I have the Dell 20" (1600x1200) which I've used for 2+ years...and love it...running at native resolution.

Next up (if I were to buy something new today) would be Dell's 24" (1920x1200) monitor.
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I too found a few good reviews on the Acer Monitor you've stated, looks like a great deal.
                          Oyee

Comment

well im definitely going to check that out, and let you all know, worst comes to worst i can just another one that we know is good and have dual monitors

Comment

I have the same LCD. Once you play on a 24" widescreen its hard to play on a "mere" 19" anymore...

Originally posted by Private Book View Post
                              Ok now I know you may not want to spend the money on this but I have got the dell 24 inch ultrasharp widescreen and I could not be more pleased. The price point is around 700 dollars for 24 inches of sexual goodness at 1920x1200
                              http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1991647,00.asp
                              Twisted Firestarter
                              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse