Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mobile Rig (Everyone's gettin new computers!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobile Rig (Everyone's gettin new computers!)

Im noticing more and more that Dell has the best deals on laptops, i can get a Core 2 Duo T7600 with a bunch of other things for like $1300, but i HATE Dell. I've tryed HP, Toshiba, iBuypower, CyberpowerPC, Alienware, ect, and cant find something that'll be good to replace my current PC with a reasonable price.

This'll be my first laptop, i had one before but hated it, so i have it to my mother (Who loves the damn thing lol).

Currently im running my old dell since i broke my gaming rig (AMD64 3200+ OC-2.8Ghz, 6800, 1GB RAM, Xfi plat)

Current setup:
    P4 2.4Ghz (Hurray for slow 533mhz FSB that CANT be overclocked)
    512MB PC1066 RDRAM (Really bad)
    6800 AGP 4X (Ouch)
    Antec 550w (Free gift from a friend)
    Xfi plat (Salvaged from old gaming rig)

I want to be able to play games on a laptop dock, so it'll be like a desktop, and im not to worried about battery life. Built in wireless is a must, since i'll need a addin sound card PCMCIABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ? I will be bringing it to school for work and stuff, but not that much. It'll be mainly a desktop replacement with mobile abilities. (Might use it at a LAN party or two)

I guess im asking for the best price on a laptop that can compare the the dell that i had pre-built below.

Intel based included:
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7200
    2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
    120GB 5400rpm SATA
    8X CD/DVD Burner
    256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 (Up to X1800xt if called in by phone $200 more)
    85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion
    Dell Draft N Wireless
    Notebook Expansion Dock w/ Stand

Total: $1,292 (I doubt anyone will top that, its a kick arze lapy)

AMD based included:
    MD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56
    1.5GB DDR2 SDRAM
    8X CD/DVD Burner
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 (Wish it was higher, but there's no better option)
    80GB Hard Drive
    85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion
    Notebook Expansion Dock w/ Stand

Total: $1,266 (Least amount of power consumption means for better battery life)

Help me please.
    Last edited by Black_V!per; 11-12-2006, 04:37 PM.
    Oyee

Re: New mobile Rig (Everyone's gettin new computers!)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115246 This is what I have, and it's fantastic. Better GPU, but less RAM. Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115246 This is what I have, and it's fantastic. Better GPU, but less RAM. Worth a look.
      The CPU is a lot lower also, a T2600 is single core, and clocked slower than the T7200 i have posted above. The graphics can be altered by phone so i hear on the dell laptop, up to a X1800xt (Extra $200). Things are getting alot more interesting.
      Oyee

Comment

Get the first option. The Core 2 Duo system is a much better buy than the Turion system you posted. You'll get a better video card, more ram, bigger harddrive, and still get good battery life.

The only things to worry about is getting that addon sound card and slow load times because of the 5400RPM drive. I have an Audigy 2 Notebook and it's pretty good. It does stick out about an inch and has this special cord for speaker hookups. I used to play BF2 on my laptop and load times were literally 5 minutes long.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Get the extended warranty if you do buy Dell.

And if you run into problems (hardware) later on during your warrenty, be prepared to spend quite a few hours trying to get it resolved and/or fixed. Dell Tech Support is based in India, so those techies are following scripts, so you'll be repeating yourself a lot.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            Get the extended warranty if you do buy Dell.

And if you run into problems (hardware) later on during your warrenty, be prepared to spend quite a few hours trying to get it resolved and/or fixed. Dell Tech Support is based in India, so those techies are following scripts, so you'll be repeating yourself a lot.
            I've already been through all that... Actually i called once and talked to a chick somewhere in Atlanta GA... She sounded hot so i got her extension. Wonder if she still works there, lol...

But if anything happens hardware wise the the laptop im sure i can fix it or replace it cheaper and faster than Dell ever could. (Shipping and what not).
            Oyee

Comment

i saw a sony that had a 7600gts in it with 2gig ram and what i "thought" was a 10K drive (i must be crazy) for like $2000..but i cannot find the add now.. :(

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                i saw a sony that had a 7600gts in it with 2gig ram and what i "thought" was a 10K drive (i must be crazy) for like $2000..but i cannot find the add now.. :(
                I forgot about the sony's i'll have to take a look at 'em.
                Oyee

Comment

i have an ancient Vaio laptop..is a P3 gen AMD 900 with only 256 RAM and it runs the hell out of Win2K Pro...was a freebie, so i ain't complainin'..! :)

Comment

In my opinion once Vista comes out these are gonna be worthless thats why they are blowing them out for so cheap right now...

Some people will disagree but I think that Vista is gonna change the whole computer industry. IF you buy a new computer through say Dell.. I know they are offering some kind of offer that allows you to automatically get Vista as soon as it comes out to replace the XP media that they more than likely have on it now.
                    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
                    Nice remark guys.

Comment

Hmm good point there, but some of use prefer this method:
                      1) Buy Parts
                      2) Buy Vista OEM
                      3) Build System
                      4) Install Vista
                      5) Game On

:) But I would wait a month or so, so they can start working out any bugs that may be encountered since release.

Viper go with the first option, and get the X1800, you'll need it for a game like BF2142 and it's worth it in the long run.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X