Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyone's rig / setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

    Man, I feel like my rig is ancient history.

    Shuttle
    AMD XP 3000+ (400 FSB bus)
    1 GB DDR400 OCZ Memory
    ATI 9800 Pro
    Seagate 120GB HDD

    Yea, it's not the latest and greatest but it does the job. One day I will upgrade...one day.

    In the pursuit of... something.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

      I'm about to rebuild my system... this is what I'm looking at.

      CPU:
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16819115003

      Motherboard Options (haven't decided yet):
      ASUS P5N32-E SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16813131073
      ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16813131025

      Video:
      EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
      http://www.buyxg.com/store/item.asp?key=VC-157-102

      RAM Options (haven't decided yet):
      CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820145590
      Crucial Technology Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820146563

      Sound:
      Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
      http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16829102005

      PSU (from old system):
      Enermax EG565P-VE
      http://www.buyxg.com/store/item.asp?id=1516&catid=142


      Comment


      • #33
        Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

        CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ w/Zalman 7700Cu
        Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
        Video: BFG 7800GT (thinking of adding a second just cause I can)
        RAM: 2GB OCZ PC3200 Platinum 2-3-2-5
        HDD: 2x WD 250GB 16MB cache in RAID 0
        Sound: Sound Blaster 2 Audigy ZS Gamer LE
        DVD: NEC 3540A & Plextor 708A
        PSU: PCP&C Turbo Cool 510 Express/SLI
        Case: Antec P180
        Monitor: Dell 20" LCD
        Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
        Gaming pad: Z-Board Fang
        Mouse: G7
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

          Just built a new box (still overclocking and stress testing, installing stuff, etc..)

          Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 @ 3.0ghz
          Asus P5W DH Deluxe
          Corsair XMS2 (2 x 1gb) PC6400 @ 833mhz
          Sapphire Radeon X1950XT
          Corsair HX520 Power Supply
          Raptor 150gb boot
          WD 500gb storage
          WD 500gb backup
          Audigy 2, optical drives, and Dell 2405 LCD from old PC
          All in an Antec 180b with Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

            Here's mine:

            AMD Athalon64 3500+ Clawhammer (130nm process)
            1 GB RAM (2x 512MB sticks) in dual channel
            ASUS A8VE dlx mobo
            450W PSU (forgot who was the manufacturer)
            2x MAXTOR 160GB SATA150 HDD's in RAID0
            ASUS DVD-ROM
            La Cie DVD+/-RW (doesn't work anymore, though)
            Floppy Drive
            Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy2ZS Platinum
            ATI Radeon x800XL 256MB PCI-E Graphics Card
            Zalman 120mm Copper CPU heatsink/fan
            Lian Li Midtower Case
            Microsoft Natural PS/2 Erogonomic Keyboard
            Microsoft Sidewinder Precision2 Joystick
            Belkin Nostromo n52 Speedpad
            Logitech LX7 Wireless Mouse
            SAMSUNG SyncMaster 915N 19" LCD Monitor
            Logitech 5300x 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
            1GB Apple iPod Nano (1st Gen Nano)
            HP Deskjet 810C Inkjet Printer
            OS: Windows XP Pro x64

            Yup, that's my entire computer system.

            Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)




            *Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

            DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

              XION/XON-103 BLK 450W RT case
              CORE 2 DUO E6600 PROCESSOR
              A CHEAP SOUNDCARD
              4G RAM 4X1GB CORSAIR RAM
              ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP MOTHERBOARD
              SAMSUNG SATA2 HD 200G ( 2 OF THEM ) HARD DRIVES
              PSU ANTEC 650W POWER SUPPLY
              Dual - ATI 100-505091 FireGL V7100 256MB Pci Express Video Card's
              sony DVD burner
              Lite-on CD burner
              NZXT temp monitor panel screen.
              24" Dell HD monitor

              currently i run all Arctic cool fans, but at some point i really want to switch it to water cooled.. I havent checked into it.. Any thoughts?
              QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
              Nice remark guys.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                Also, im kind of computer iliterate.. A friend of mine builds all my stuff for me, and I just buy whatever he has.. Im told that it is overkill just to play World of Warcraft, but at least i dont lag. I know he was saying as soon as Windows Vista comes out then Im gonna have to build a new computer, with DX10 and such, so I guess this computer i have is gonna be turned into a giant TiVo. Oh yeah i also have some kind of All in wonder card that allows me to streamline HD TV..

                any suggestions would be appreciated.
                QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
                Nice remark guys.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                  Originally posted by Icsist View Post
                  Also, im kind of computer iliterate.. A friend of mine builds all my stuff for me, and I just buy whatever he has.. I know he was saying as soon as Windows Vista comes out then Im gonna have to build a new computer, with DX10 and such
                  I think you should start building your own or buying Dells cause ur friend may be ripping you off :) That computer will be perfectly fine for Vista and DX10 with nothing more than a video card upgrade. A new system doesn't need to be built from scratch.

                  As far as watercooling goes, dont bother unless you're doing some serious overclocking.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                    Originally posted by Joebar View Post
                    I think you should start building your own or buying Dells cause ur friend may be ripping you off :) That computer will be perfectly fine for Vista and DX10 with nothing more than a video card upgrade. A new system doesn't need to be built from scratch.

                    As far as watercooling goes, dont bother unless you're doing some serious overclocking.
                    He just wants to get a new computer :)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                      My newest rig--I jumped on the price reduction for AMD dual core chips back in the Summertime. I knew about the new intel chips but didn't want to be an early adopter. I figure I'm good for another 1.5-2 years now.

                      Thermaltake "Shark" Case-Black
                      Antec trupower 550 W PSU
                      Asus A8n5X Skt 939 motherboard
                      AMD X2 4800+ dual core cpu
                      Audigy 2ZS Sound card
                      EVGA 7900GTKO
                      2 GB Corsair XMS (2 X 1GB)
                      74GB WD Raptor (OS, Apps & Games)
                      80 GB WD Caviar (media storage)
                      Sony DVD Burner
                      Samsung 930B 19in LCD Monitor (sometimes I'll patch into my Sony 42in HDTV)
                      Logitech multimedia keyboard
                      Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
                      Logitech Extreme 3D joystick

                      I have my sound routed through my Sony surround sound receiver. Most of the time I'm using headphones but will occaisionally blast sound over my stereo--mostly when listening to music.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                        Originally posted by Icsist View Post
                        XION/XON-103 BLK 450W RT case
                        CORE 2 DUO E6600 PROCESSOR
                        A CHEAP SOUNDCARD
                        4G RAM 4X1GB CORSAIR RAM
                        ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP MOTHERBOARD
                        SAMSUNG SATA2 HD 200G ( 2 OF THEM ) HARD DRIVES
                        PSU ANTEC 650W POWER SUPPLY
                        Dual - ATI 100-505091 FireGL V7100 256MB Pci Express Video Card's
                        sony DVD burner
                        Lite-on CD burner
                        NZXT temp monitor panel screen.
                        24" Dell HD monitor

                        currently i run all Arctic cool fans, but at some point i really want to switch it to water cooled.. I havent checked into it.. Any thoughts?
                        That computer is MORE than enough to run Vista. The only thing you MIGHT want to change is get a DX10 card.

                        3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                          Originally posted by Joebar View Post
                          Just built a new box (still overclocking and stress testing, installing stuff, etc..)

                          Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 @ 3.0ghz
                          Asus P5W DH Deluxe
                          Corsair XMS2 (2 x 1gb) PC6400 @ 833mhz
                          Sapphire Radeon X1950XT
                          Corsair HX520 Power Supply
                          Raptor 150gb boot
                          WD 500gb storage
                          WD 500gb backup
                          Audigy 2, optical drives, and Dell 2405 LCD from old PC
                          All in an Antec 180b with Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF
                          Nice Rig Joebar !!
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                            Originally posted by GixxerChic View Post
                            He just wants to get a new computer :)
                            More like his friend just wants to sell him another new computer :)
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                              Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                              Nice Rig Joebar !!
                              Thanks! I played about 2 min worth of BF2 on some pub last nite (just hadda try it out). Max everything at 1280x1024 (max I could do on the 17" lcd I was testing on) and was averaging almost 100 fps.. Such a big diff from my AGP Radeon X800XT.

                              I can actually see what I'm shooting now!
                              Running 1024x768 at medium/low detail on a 24" LCD sucks!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: What is everyone's rig / setup?

                                Originally posted by Joebar View Post
                                More like his friend just wants to sell him another new computer :)
                                Nahh my buddy doesnt sell computers or anything... He just always upgrades, and everytime he does he tells me, so I do the same thing.. He isnt ripping me off, Im just pretty much copycatting what he does. BTW, he says we have the DX10 cards on order already.. Not sure which kind, but im sure they will be nice.
                                QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
                                Nice remark guys.

                                Comment

                                Connect

                                Collapse

                                TeamSpeak 3 Server

                                Collapse

                                Twitter Feed

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X