gMail and Smiley Emoticons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gMail and Smiley Emoticons

This might be a dumb question, but how do I get the Smilies in gMail to work? I used their help section which tells me just to type the Key combo and hit "Enter," but I still just have a bunch of ASCII characters on my screen. Is there something I need to have enabled, or does it not like my FireFox? I tried in IE, but it didn't work there either.

Without little animated faces, how else will I be able to add life and vitality to otherwise cold and static communications?

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Re: gMail and Smiley Emoticons

I didn't know that Gmail had smilies. I would assume that you'd have to attach them as images.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The chat in gmail does; you just type the ascii and it translates it. I've never seen it do stuff for email though.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Im still trying to figure a way to embed html in Gmail. Dont think its possible, which sux... You could set up something like Thunderbird and do HTML that way and send stuff thru gmail... But I like online based email better.

HTML would include adding images like smilies.
        Oyee

Comment

I see I see...

I went back and re-read the help page, and it seems like it does only aply to the chat function, but not to emails. I've read some about the Mozilla extensions that can put them in, but there's no point if the person I'm mailing can't experience the graphic representation of my feelings. Alas...

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
          TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
          ||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse