MIC help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIC help

hey guys quick question, when i installed BF2 i didn't run the initial mic test. when im playing people can't hear me... is that because i didn't do the test during install or is there another way to do it now that my BF2 is all setup?
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: MIC help

Hey Viper,

Is your mic connected to a secondary mic port (mic 2) by any chance? I had this same problem when I first started playing BF2 and it turned out that the game automatically makes the Mic 1 port your recording port every time you start the game, whether you like it or not. If you are connected to mic 2, it won't work. I never found a go around so I ended up settling for using the mic 1 port to play BF2.

Comment

i've only got one mic port. i don't know if i need to just reinstall it now. i can hear myself over my headphones, but when im playing the other guys can't.

Spartan 4

Comment

Yup you can check it here

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2VoiceSetup.exe

Comment

ok well i don't know whats wrong. my comp nows theres a mic and i can record my voice. my computer does pick up what im saying, but as far as BF2, its still won't recognize that im speaking in a mic... im almost ready to give up :( i just bought a brand new motherboard cause i upgraded my comp. I don't know what could be wrong.

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
            ...but as far as BF2, its still won't recognize that im speaking in a mic...
            Can you clarify "won't recognize"...do you see that your mic 'push-to-talk' gets toggled in game (the little yellow speaker icon comes up when you press B or V), and do others see this..or does it look as if you have not got voip enabled.

Also, check to see that you have the mic boost activated in Windows to get max input sensitivity as well.

Whatever you do, don't give up!

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
            if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

You should be able to test it locally in game in Options > Audio settings. You can adjust your microphone there.

Make sure you enable (unmute) the microphone in Volume Control in Windows first.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

i'll try to be as clear as i can here. my mic works, i have an audio program that i used to test it and it does pic up my voice. but the problem is that BF2 does not pick it up, as i speak into the mic to do a voice check it does not pick up my voice at all. yes by talk button does work in BF2 but no one can hear me. So im not sure what the technical issues are, everything seems fine until i go to talk in BF2.

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                  i'll try to be as clear as i can here. my mic works, i have an audio program that i used to test it and it does pic up my voice. but the problem is that BF2 does not pick it up, as i speak into the mic to do a voice check it does not pick up my voice at all. yes by talk button does work in BF2 but no one can hear me. So im not sure what the technical issues are, everything seems fine until i go to talk in BF2.
                  We understand your dilema Viper, but sometimes we've got to go through all the stupid obvious stuff first.. and sometime 2 or 3 more times. What you are experiencing pretty common but sometimes takes awhile to work out.

So.. some things to check that you've heard already, some not.

1) Be sure you are plugging into the only mic jack in the computer - likely in the back. Anything other than the jack in the back is likely Mic2.
                  2) If you are using an X-FI sound card or a mainboard that uses Creative sound, make sure if it uses a 'FlexJack' (often light blue) it is manually set for 'Mic'.
                  3) Update Sound drivers
                  4) Calibrate your Mic in the Windows Control Panel Audio and make sure the Mic1 is set as your microphone source. Find and check for Boost if available.
                  5) Open Up your BF2 root folder and find the Microphone callibration and setup program and double click it to run - Although, for some wierd reason, just because it works here - still doesn't mean it'll work in-game.

After all that run BF2 and do the Microphone check. If it doesn't register your voice here.. crank up the volume all the way and YELL into the mic, listen for a faint echo..
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for the assistance but none of it fixed it. i had done most of that already, and right now im curious as to whether i should put in one of the sound cards i have at home. It just doesn't make sense to me that BF2 won't recognize me talking in the mic, but things like teamspeak will.

what do you guys think about the sound card idea?

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...