Teamspeak and Voip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak and Voip

Im looking some advice please. I would like to Use 1 mic to do 2 things. Ie use Teamspeak and voip with one mic and a little earpiece, say using onboard sound card, Then using 5.1 speakers just for game sounds

Is this possible, and if so how would i configure it?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Teamspeak and Voip

You can configure Teamspeak to use another sound device like your onboard sound (Teamspeak Settings|Options). VOIP usually just uses your primary sound device so it'll get routed to where the game sounds are going.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

It's easy and will likely configure like that for you anyway. I use my left ALT key while in game for VOIP and my caps lock key for TS. If you have trouble getting it going PM me and I'll help you configure it.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
        You can configure Teamspeak to use another sound device like your onboard sound (Teamspeak Settings|Options). VOIP usually just uses your primary sound device so it'll get routed to where the game sounds are going.
        Hmm, thats what i dont want to happen, I dont want voip sound(voices) coming through the same source as my game sounds are coming through.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        It's easy and will likely configure like that for you anyway. I use my left ALT key while in game for VOIP and my caps lock key for TS. If you have trouble getting it going PM me and I'll help you configure it.
        Thanks very much, im getting a usb headset this week hopefully, so i f i get stuck i will give you a shout.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
          VOIP usually just uses your primary sound device so it'll get routed to where the game sounds are going.
          Hmm, thats what i dont want to happen, I dont want voip sound(voices) coming through the same source as my game sounds are coming through.
          Yeah, I can't think of any games that allow you to route your Voicecomms to a different sound device from the game sounds. Teamspeak is easy, in-game voice not so much...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Yeah, I can't think of any games that allow you to route your Voicecomms to a different sound device from the game sounds. Teamspeak is easy, in-game voice not so much...
            Kinda looks like im "up the creek without a paddle" then!

Is there a way of altering the actual sound files of the game to a achieve what im trying to get at?

Comment

Altering the sound files wouldn't do anything, just give you a punkbuster slapping mabey. So all people voices to the earpiece and game noises to the speakers? That's going to be hard to sepearate VOIP from ingame noises, but easy to do with TS. You can choose where you want TS to go, I'm pretty sure, but ingame noises come from the same program and are blended together.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                Altering the sound files wouldn't do anything, just give you a punkbuster slapping mabey. So all people voices to the earpiece and game noises to the speakers? That's going to be hard to sepearate VOIP from ingame noises, but easy to do with TS. You can choose where you want TS to go, I'm pretty sure, but ingame noises come from the same program and are blended together.
                Ok then, leave files alone.

I know i can do it with Teamspeak, just VOIP seems the problem, it does'nt look like my plan is going to work does it

Comment

It would be really neat if it did, but it looks like it is a long streach. I know since you can change the volume coming from the 3 diffrent streams (music, gamenoise, voip), that they join together and go into the headphones in the last step, but that kind of thing is coded into the game.

Comment

Nothing short of the game developer altering the game code will get what you want. I'd like it too because I'm far too spoiled from the Ghost Recon days of using onboard sound for Teamspeak and my sound card for game sound.

I actually play with my headphones (Zalmans) more often now so I can hear game VOIP clearly.

Comment

I've done this quite successfully by using my sound card as my default sound device, then using a USB headset for TeamSpeak and pointing TeamSpeak to my USB headset device.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                        I've done this quite successfully by using my sound card as my default sound device, then using a USB headset for TeamSpeak and pointing TeamSpeak to my USB headset device.
                        Right, but that doesn't do what he wants... He wants to separate in-game voice as well.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well thanks for the help people, but its not going to happen is it.Dam!

Here's another then, How can i use the same mic with 2 different soundcards.

Ie, onboard soundcard for Teamspeak with sound coming through headset or one ear piece speaker, and creative soundcard for voip and game sounds through speakers by using something like this?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/attachm...1&d=1164659023
                          Attached Files

Comment

The game will take mic input from one sound card so you set Teamspeak to use the same sound card. Teamspeak can use a mic from one sound card and output sound to another sound card. I do this with Battlefield.

Teamspeak output: sound card
                            Teamspeak input: onboard sound
                            Game sound: onboard sound
                            Game mic: onboard sound

This is one example. Mix and match combinations to whatever suits your needs.

Comment

The game will take mic input from one sound card so you set Teamspeak to use the same sound card. Teamspeak can use a mic from one sound card and output sound to another sound card. I do this with Battlefield.

Teamspeak output: sound card
                              Teamspeak input: onboard sound
                              Game sound: onboard sound
                              Game mic: onboard sound

This is one example. Mix and match combinations to whatever suits your needs.
                              Ok so i could have

Teamspeak output: onboard card
                              Teamspeak input: Ceative
                              Game sound: Creative
                              Game mic: Creative

Sound like that would work?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse