Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange video behavior

Hey everyone,

I started having this strange behavior recently. I'm not sure what started it, but I think it started sometime after updating my DirectX.

Anyway, whenever I look at the properties of a video file, my screen will reset (go black for a second and then come back) as if I changed the display settings. But the settings are the same. This exact same thing also happens the second I press the Advanced settings button to go see my video settings. AND, it also happens whenever I try to copy/cut any video file. However, interestingly enough, it does not happen when I PLAY the vid file..

I know this is a strange one, but I'm hoping someone will have an idea. It's quite frustrating.

Thanks!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Strange video behavior

A friend of mine has the same problem on his computer. Please tell me your computer specs so I can compare them to my friends rig. My friend asked me to fix this a while ago but I refused becuae he did no system maitnece at all even though I made it as easy as a few clicks.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I run an AMD64 3200+ with XP pro. I've had this system for over a year, and it just started about a month ago. I have even changed vid cards and updated drivers since then (although still Nvidia) and it persists.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Also what nvidia card, driver, monitor, and connection type (DVI-VGA)? What is your resolution and refresh rate? Do you have any other monitors, cables or gpu's to test with?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I had a 6800GT, now I have a 7900GS. I am running the latest drivers now, but was running something older before. I have DVI outs, but my monitor is a VGA, so I use one of those adapters on the connection. I run at 1152 x 864 at 85Hz.

Comment

Do you uninstall your previous drivers before installing the newer ones?
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                Do you uninstall your previous drivers before installing the newer ones?
                Good observation Asch. All drivers should be scrubbed from your system before installing new ones. There is a program called Driver Cleaner Pro that does this. I don't know if this will solve your problem but its a good practice regardless.

The way I do it is ....Run driver cleaner pro, then defrag my hd, then reboot, then install new driver, then reboot again.

good luck...
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Found the solution!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37959

I followed this suggestion on page 3:
                  From the Run command: regsvr32 /u %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\nvcpl.dll

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X