No more mic!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more mic!!

Hey guys. Got a weird problem w/my mic and more than likely my sound card. I launched vanilla bf2 after playing some poe2 tonight, and all of a sudden my mic stopped working. I checked the volume controls, properties, and advanced settings for mic and recording options. No go. I've tried rebooting, downloading drivers for the sound card, and even swapping mics (tried my roomies mic on my pc and it doesn't work, tried my mic on my bros pc and my mic works).

I've had some other weird problems w/my mic before like the mic boost becoming unchecked whenever I load bf2 and poe2, and recently, when I check my sound options, I have to check the box for my mic ni recording. Any suggestions?

specs:
    asus a8n 32sli delux
    x-fi platinum (most likely the culprit)
    amd 4400+
    2 gb ram
    xp home
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: No more mic!!

Battlefield automatically changes the recording device to what it thinks is the microphone every time it starts up, it's annoying and AFAIK there is no way to stop it.

Other people have been having trouble with their mics, X-Fi and BF. I am having no such problem, so I can't help much. But you might like to try recording something in Sound Recorder to see if that picks up anything from your mic.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Re: No more mic!!

I've tried doing the windows mic test, and I get nothing out of it. I'm gonna try removing it and reinstalling and see if that works.
      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...