BF2 won't upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 won't upgrade

Being a glutton for punishment, I reloaded WinXP today because I wanted to get rid of RAID 0 and restructure my drives. Aside from some minor hiccups it went smoothly, but of all things, I'm having trouble upgrading BF2. Whenever I run any of the upgrades (full or incremental) I get this error message:

"An error (-5009 : 0x80040803) has occurred while running this setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: My Company Name."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled BF2, but the problem persists. Every other program installed without a hitch. What the heck is going on?!?!?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: BF2 won't upgrade

Well I've never heard that one before, sorry I cant help you mate :row__531:

Strange indeed, hope you get it sorted.
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Never mind, I fixed it. It's a setting for my mobo (A8N-SLI Premium) that had to be changed, otherwise it corrupts downloads. Go figure...
      |TG|Melee

Comment

That's why all sites should provide md5 hashes for downloads. Unfortunately, very few do.
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

OK, what was the setting? please explain.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
            OK, what was the setting? please explain.
            yeah, exactly - what was the fix?! :row__687:

Comment

Could be using the nvidia ethernet support. My A8n-SLI has two ethernet devices: one from nvidia and one from Marvell. The nvidia one gives problems with corrupted downloads.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to reply - I just discovered you guys are actually curious to know the solution.

I revisited my history over at HardForum and discovered that I had this same problem a year ago when I first built my machine:

"Its a known fact that (Nvidia) Active Armor needs to be set to Not Offloadable to avoid download corruption with the 6.66 drivers, tons of people have this issue and fixed it including myself."
                |TG|Melee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...