Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanns·G HX-192RPB Black 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor

Is this worth buying?

Hanns·G HX-192RPB Black 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254006

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Re: Hanns·G HX-192RPB Black 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor

It's a nice, cheap monitor but you'll find you get what you pay for. It has all the basic features that you'd need in a LCD monitor like DVI and pivoting.

What you'll have to read up on is whether it's a 6-bit panel. It probably is judging from the response time. 8-bit panels usually have slower response times. I have a 6-bit panel and I immediately noticed that the colours were a bit different than my old CRT. They didn't seem as full. I got used to it and I don't notice a decrease in image quality. 8-bit panels are definitely needed if you do a lot of digital graphics.

The other thing to look at is viewing angle. The vertical viewing angle is 135 degrees so that makes for an alright view. Good LCD's can have a horizontal of 160 and vertical of 140+. It makes a difference if you don't always look squarely at your monitor (eg. slouching).

- It's who you game with.

Comment

the hanns-g lcd's are a great low priced choice. forget about the speakers, you wont use them anyway.... dont let that swing your decisons.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

thanks... I think I'm going to get this one..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001230

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Note : a similer hanns G monitor(not QUITE the same) often has a $100 manufacturer rebate on it at this place:

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=6732798

hrm, just missed a $20 additional rebate.

It *is* a cheaper monitor. I got the full $120 rebate ($100 and a $20. The $20 I've recieved, the $100 is still in processing, but I have a tracking number, they say they've recieved it and the normal 6-8 week turnaround blah blah blah) making it about $110 shipped at the time I got it. I got it purely for a LAN party monitor (using my long trusty 21" crt at home) and for that, at that price, I couldn't turn it down. I like it, no dead/stuck pixels. Not the *best* quality settings, but good colors, only decent bright/contrast, great response time(not sure I buy the difference between this one rated at 8ms and the one on newegg rated at 2ms. I see zero ghosting or anything like that... but maybe my eyes are just not that sensitive).

I brought it to work and put it next to some 19" NEC monitors I use there... damn those NEC's are nice. Have that reflective coating on 'em which makes them terrible for glare, but I sit with my back to a wall, so works great for me, makes them crisp and bright. Work as mirrors when I turn them off too. heh.

Comment

wow. A $100 rebate.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You can not go wrong with Samsung. I am running dual Samsung's and really like them.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Ditto what Bubba said. I have a 19" SyncMaster 915n and I really like it.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Go for the SyncMaster 931BF, no glare and a 2MS response time, with a 2000:1 Dynamic contrast. Can't beat that.
                  "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
                  Einstein

Comment

Im also running two 19" samsung syncmasters (930s and 931s)....i love em...a great step up from the 20" crt (which weighs as much as a small car)

Comment

I've gotta agree Samsung makes quality LCD's, I've used over 10 of them, not one has failed or disappointed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X