Looking For 2.1 Speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 2.1 Speakers

Well, I just purchased the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer sound card, but the only listening device I have right now is a midrange Altec Lansing Headset. I've got my eyes on the Bose Companion 3 Series II speakers right now, I demoed them at Best buy and they blew everything way out of the water, of course so does their price. I don't want to spend anything more than $250.00 on a 2.1 speaker system, so if anyone knows of something better than those Bose for around the same price gimme some names otherwise I suppose I'll get the Bose. Thnx.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
    Einstein

Re: Looking For 2.1 Speakers

Check www.logitech.com

They have a THX Certified one that sells at your local popular retail stores for about the same price.

Here's the first THX model at NewEgg for $159 shipped: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121121

Here's their second top of the line THX model for $286 shipped (after a $50 mail-in-rebate): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121133

They are both 5.1 systems. Powerful, and the audio clarity surpasses my aging set of Z-530s (cheapest 5.1 by Logitech at the time).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The logitech Z-2300 are very good 2.1 speakers:
      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SQ2P2?...SIN=B0002SQ2P2

Here's a review of them if you want to know more:
      http://www.denguru.com/2004/11/11/logitech_z/index.html

It's got a nice big subwoofer for computer speakers (8 inches).

Of course if you want a 5.1 system, I'd have to recommend the Z-5500.

Comment

Humph...forgot about their 2.1 THX Certified set lol. Good job Zoop! :D
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

so what if those bose arn't thx certified? just how important is it that my set be THX certified?
          "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
          Einstein

Comment

THX means the people at THX tested it and it passed their audio quality and performance tests. So does it matter if you get THX speakers that arn't THX certified? Not really. But there's a better chance of getting better sounds from THX certified speakers (but not necessarily true in every situation). My advice is to try and listen to these speakers yourself and judge by your ears. Though that may be hard to do since I don't know of any store that has PC audio demos

Comment

Have you considered Medusa 5.1 headphones?

You can get them here: http://www.medusa-usa.com/medusa-51-...-v2-p-896.html

I have a pair and can say that they are worth every penny. You hear vehicles coming before you see them... turn your head (in the game) left-right-left and you can zero-in on exactly where the sound's coming from - whether it's footsteps crunching in the snow, or a tank over the hill.

(plus the mic works really really well - and is detachable)

Comment

My Klipsch promedia 2.1 are really nice. The sound is great. http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...media-2-1.aspx

Two really cool things about them.

1. They have an aux input so I can hook up an mp3 player and have good sound. Often I take them outside for a BBQ.

2. The headphone jack. Plug that in and sound is routed to them. Makes easy to go silent late at night while the wife is sleeping.

edit== And you can find them for about 110 bucks.
                I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                  My Klipsch promedia 2.1 are really nice. The sound is great. http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...media-2-1.aspx.
                  YES I also have this Klipsch setup and LOVE IT. Klipsch can be pretty pricey but if you can afford it then go with it!
                  PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

My Klipsch promedia 2.1 are really nice. The sound is great. http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...media-2-1.aspx

Two really cool things about them.

1. They have an aux input so I can hook up an mp3 player and have good sound. Often I take them outside for a BBQ.

2. The headphone jack. Plug that in and sound is routed to them. Makes easy to go silent late at night while the wife is sleeping.
                    Yea that. Very happy with the set I got on sale at best buy a couple months ago. Only wish it had a mic input so a "normal" headset could be plugged in, instead of just headphones.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry View Post
                      Yea that. Very happy with the set I got on sale at best buy a couple months ago. Only wish it had a mic input so a "normal" headset could be plugged in, instead of just headphones.

Can't you just use a converter? What do you mean by "normal" headsets? I had some Klipsch headphones (and they where OLD AND BIG but sound great) with that big plug but radio shack has a converter to take it down to mini-plug. Also have a RCA to miniplug converter to hook them up to an old portable cd player I have and that works also.

Or are you talking about something else?
                      I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Can't you just use a converter? What do you mean by "normal" headsets? I had some Klipsch headphones (and they where OLD AND BIG but sound great) with that big plug but radio shack has a converter to take it down to mini-plug. Also have a RCA to miniplug converter to hook them up to an old portable cd player I have and that works also.

Or are you talking about something else?
                        Headset as opposed to just headphones.. With a headset, you have to run the mic back to the jack on the back of the computer. Could accomplish the same thing with an extender or something, but, hey, for as much as they cost an extra wire wouldn't kill em ;)
                        Battlefield Admin() ()
                        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                        | for | |

Comment

Klipsch Promedia speakers are great.

Also consider a Sennheiser headset, they are some of the best for gaming. If you play counterstrike or a lot of infantry FPS, you will hear footsteps precisely from every direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BiBi View Post
                            Klipsch Promedia speakers are great.
                            yes great speaker setup, that is what I have..as far as headset, I have Icemat Siberia headset. Got mainly bc I use to play nothing but counter-strike and these headsets are actually Cal issued....here check em' out

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...726&CatId=2382
                            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Re: Looking For 2.1 Speakers: harman/kardon SoundStick II's

I've used quite a few speaker systems and far and away my favorite is the harmon/kardon SoundStick II's .

They have a great looking, completely clear design with blue LED accents on the subwoofer. And the fidelity is outstanding both for gaming and listening to music. They have great bass and the clearest most crisp highs I have heard on a system this price. I like them so much I bought them twice.

You can demo them at any Apple store. They also sell them at Best Buy.

Twisted Firestarter
                              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse