Fraps help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps help.

I just bought Fraps today and got it all set up. It takes the screenshots just fine but when I hit the hotkey for video, it cuts the game off. Any ideas, on whats going on? Thanks in advance

Dirtboy
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Fraps help.

I guess the most obvious starting point would be to make sure your hotkey isn't mapped to something else in-game.

After that, I'd start looking at the latest drivers for your vid card.

Barring that, try asking the question over at FRAPS. Here's the link for the support area:

FRAPS Contact Page

Sorry I couldn't be of better assistance.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

What version of FRAPS are you running?

Which game are you trying to record?

What FRAPS settings are you trying to record at?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

The Version is 2.8.1
        I am trying to CS:S (It works for Cod2)
        The settings are 1. full size 29.97 fps 3. Detect best soud input 4. no curser 5. no sync

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
          The Version is 2.8.1
          I am trying to CS:S (It works for Cod2)
          The settings are 1. full size 29.97 fps 3. Detect best soud input 4. no curser 5. no sync
          Hmm... so it works on CoD2 but not CSS. I wonder if CSS is supported. Some games just don't work. I'll have to test mine out.

I'd also try reducing both CSS video settings and FRAPS record settings. Disable sound. Test at the lower settings and see if that helps.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

still nothing...I tried every option. I just dont think that FRAPS supports CS:S. I am gonna get ahold of their Tech. guys and see what they say.

Comment

Nevermind guys...I figured it out. I had the hotkey set to F10 and that turns the game off... I am such an uber-noob...thanks anyways guys. Its working great now:)

Comment

ROFL! I did that actually. I had F10 for screenshot and as soon as I pressed it, I realized how stupid I was.

Comment

Nevermind guys...I figured it out. I had the hotkey set to F10 and that turns the game off... I am such an uber-noob...thanks anyways guys. Its working great now:)
                  Classic! I wouldn't have thought of that. One of the first things I do when setting up FRAPS is to map the keys to something I've never used in-game.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought that I would never use F10 ingame. I have F9 for movie, so I thought F10 for screenshot, because the games already have their own screenshot method.

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
                      I guess the most obvious starting point would be to make sure your hotkey isn't mapped to something else in-game.
                      LOL Acid! What's the first rule of FRAPS club?
                      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Nevermind guys...I figured it out. I had the hotkey set to F10 and that turns the game off
                        lol... Good to have ya back, Dirtboy!

Comment

I meant thats what I had it set at, then I actually took a screenshot in the middle of a round and bad stuff happened. Before that, I tried to FRAPS a round of TG CSS, and the people spectating me were saying I went 10x slower. Guess my system can't handle FRAPS like that.

Comment

FRAPS is strongly video card dependent, and somewhat on the CPU also. You can try upping the capturing FPS in FRAPS settings, or turn down your in-game graphics and resolution settings. If it's still slowing down too much, then you need a better video card to be able to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by BiBi View Post
                              FRAPS is strongly video card dependent, and somewhat on the CPU also. You can try upping the capturing FPS in FRAPS settings, or turn down your in-game graphics and resolution settings. If it's still slowing down too much, then you need a better video card to be able to handle it.
                              cool man, thanks. I was wondering if that is what I needed to do:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X