Fix for PS2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for PS2

I had some friends over last night to watch the game and we fired up the PS2 to play some madden and I get a Data read error everytime i go to the setup menu... It will pull stuff off the memory card, but if there is no memory card in, then the system will just keep saying error... Any idea on a fix for this or just buy one off ebay? I really dont want to go buy a PS3 seeing 99.9% of my gaming is on the comp.
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Re: Fix for PS2

How old is it?

Mine bit the dust in a similar fashion. Total laser unit failure. (Although the hammer helped the rest of it along)

Is it a disk read error or the initial PS2 loading which causes the error?

Have you tried multiple disks to ensure its not a cracked disk.

This might help.
    http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/390/390535p1.html
    Take it for the team

Comment

This happens a lot with xbox's either your disk drive needs to be cleaned or its going /gone. Try cleaning it with any cd player cleaning kit...if that doesnt work then either see about getting just a new disk drive or maybe just a good used PS2.

(all of this advise is based on the assumtion that your madden disk is in good shape with no scratches)

Comment

yeah its probably just going out, It was doing this about 2 weeks ago, so i cleaned it, and now its doing it again... Also it was doing that no matter what disc i tried to put in.. I had it since 2003.. Ill just hit ebay up...

thanks.
        QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
        Nice remark guys.

Comment

Call Sony up and tell them what is wrong. My ps2 had the same problem and they said they will fix it free of charge. I only had to pay to ship it out to them.

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
            Call Sony up and tell them what is wrong. My ps2 had the same problem and they said they will fix it free of charge. I only had to pay to ship it out to them.
            Was your ps2 still under warranty? I wish M$ would own up to thier crappy hardware and just fix the problems with both the original xboxs and 360s.

Comment

If it is an error reading the disk, make sure it is clean and try flipping the ps2 upside-down. This worked for me, and amazingly caused everything to start working again.

edit: er... realized that didn't make much sense. Amazingly, the PS2 started working right-side-up again, and has for a year now.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
                Was your ps2 still under warranty? I wish M$ would own up to thier crappy hardware and just fix the problems with both the original xboxs and 360s.
                Im pretty sure I was out of warranty, considering the first time I had a problem was in 2004 and I had bought my ps2 in the summer of 2001. I didnt believe they would fix it at first because it was pretty old and it had seen some rough times, but someone told me to call them anyways and sure enough after going through the usual troubleshooting the guy gave me a service number and gave me the address to ship it to.

Your good as long as the void sticker is still there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X