No announcement yet.

Highly Recommended: LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly Recommended: LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I built my latest rig with a LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case and am very pleased with it.

The brushed black aluminum case looks more like a high-end audio component than a computer case. It has some very nice features such as usb/firewire/audio ports that are on top of the case for easy access, rather than the front as most are. Also very interesting is that the case is designed to have the power on the very bottom. It seems a little odd at first to plug the power cord at the bottom rather than the top, but you'll appreciate the easy access this allows to your outputs which are now at the top.

The hard drive bay which holds 6 HDs is also at the bottom, which makes switching or adding HDs a joy since you don't have to try and maneuver you way around periphreal cables, CD/DVD bays and the like. Having both the power supply and HDs on the bottom also allows the heat to be distributed more evenly, better heat dissipation and fewer hotspots.

It has all 120mm fans, which makes it very quiet; the sound is hardly noticeable sitting a couple feet away and what sound there is is at a frequency that blends into the background. What makes this particularly remarkable is the fact that it has 4 fans. I've had cases with 80mm fans before and after experiencing how quiet the 120mm's are I will never go back. The fan placement is well thought-out and provides excellent airflow.

You can tell that a lot of engineering went into this case with design considerations for airflow, ease of use, and visual appeal. Highly recommended.

-TF
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Highly Recommended: LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I have the PC-V1000. Internally, it has a similar design to the PC-101B, so I can confidently say that firestarter is making a quality recommendation. Lian Li makes some nice cases, but they come with a steep price tag.

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chass...C_PC-V1000.htm
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Re: Highly Recommended: LIAN LI PC-101B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

You can't go wrong with a lian-li.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I just put in an order for the PC-A10B for my new build. Can't wait to get it here - nice and roomy compared to what I have now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X