Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

    I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did. In fact I got a Mac Laptop, a 15 inch mac book pro. I know macs are generally frowned apon by the PC gaming community but since my laptop supports the latest Intel Core Duo, I'm able to run Windows XP. I still have yet to install Windows on this machine but will do it in the near future. I'm just wondering what others feel about macs. Am I the only user here?

    This laptop is loads better than my PC, the frame rate in WOW, is unbelievably good at full settings, compared to my old 15 FPS on minimal settings for my PC :/

    -Sirusblk

    p.s. the built in camera is also very nice :)

  • #2
    Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

    I really like Macs for video editing. I prefer Final Cut Pro over Adobe Premier, but to be fair, I haven't used Premier too much. I'm def. a Mac fan, but I don't have one myself-- just use them at school.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

      I used to have a mac, the only thing i dislike about them is the fact that every time they update the OS they make it a whole new version forcing you to buy it all over again.
      Oyee

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

        Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
        I used to have a mac, the only thing i dislike about them is the fact that every time they update the OS they make it a whole new version forcing you to buy it all over again.
        That's what windows does too, am I right? Except for Service Pack 2, which was like a whole new OS, they release a new one. I know Apple churns out OS's like <insert symbolism here>. But every release has huge improvements, and new programs bundled with the OS. Microsoft seems to only be stuck on fixing the problems they've had for years in there subsequent releases.

        I too shall be using mine for Final Cut Pro for my class at school :)

        -Sirusblk

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

          They're so expensive!

          *looks at macbook*

          Shiny!!!

          They look pretty. That's about all I have to say about macbooks. Well, it is a huge advantage to be able to run WinXP if you have a gaming itch.

          - It's who you game with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

            Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            They're so expensive!

            *looks at macbook*

            Shiny!!!

            They look pretty. That's about all I have to say about macbooks. Well, it is a huge advantage to be able to run WinXP if you have a gaming itch.
            No, not a Macbook, but a Macbook Pro. Huuuge difference! You wouldn't be doing any gaming or video editing on a plain Macbook.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

              You could do video editing on a Macbook, in fact we have several students in our class that do. The hard drive is an issue of course so you definitely need an external hard drive. Also 1 gig isn't gonna cut it :/ But yah Macbook Pro is great for everything :) I haven't left mine for like 3 days straight. I love the ability to at any time to turn it into a server for FTP or into a DVD player with the remote :) ...ramble, ramble, ramble...

              -Sirusblk

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

                man you must have been naughty this year. I hope next year goes better for you, dont want to have 2 bad christmas' in a row.






                hehe
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

                  Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                  You could do video editing on a Macbook, in fact we have several students in our class that do. The hard drive is an issue of course so you definitely need an external hard drive. Also 1 gig isn't gonna cut it :/ But yah Macbook Pro is great for everything :) I haven't left mine for like 3 days straight. I love the ability to at any time to turn it into a server for FTP or into a DVD player with the remote :) ...ramble, ramble, ramble...

                  -Sirusblk
                  Well, when I said video editing I meant w/ Final Cut Pro, not w/ iMovie. I know it can run iMovie-- is that what you meant? cuz I really didn't think that it could run FCP.

                  edit: I'm glad you like it! I wish I could afford one! Did you get the one w/ the 128 MB vid card, or the 256?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

                    I got the highest of everything on the 15 inch, save 2 gigs instead of 3 (I didn't think it was neccesary). You can run Final Cut Pro on any laptop as long as it has a gig of memory. My friend has the black mac book with 2 gigs of memory and runs Final Cut Pro all the time. You can run it on the white mac books as long as they have a gig of memory... it's just slow :P

                    -Sirusblk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

                      I think very highly of my Mac...but I know the minute I install a game on it, my income level will drop quickly...too much temptation to play instead of work!

                      Mac = work
                      PC = play
                      |TG-9th| Prophaniti





                      Blood and Honor, The Journal of a 9th MID Soldier




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My Christmas Gift From Santa... a mac?

                        Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                        I got the highest of everything on the 15 inch, save 2 gigs instead of 3 (I didn't think it was neccesary). You can run Final Cut Pro on any laptop as long as it has a gig of memory. My friend has the black mac book with 2 gigs of memory and runs Final Cut Pro all the time. You can run it on the white mac books as long as they have a gig of memory... it's just slow :P

                        -Sirusblk
                        I did not know that. Cool.

                        Comment

                        Connect

                        Collapse

                        TeamSpeak 3 Server

                        Collapse

                        Advertisement

                        Collapse

                        Twitter Feed

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X