Your favorite RSS Aggregator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite RSS Aggregator?

Just trying to gauge what you folks are using for Blog/News reading.

Personally, I've tried just about all of them, but my hands-down favorite is Omea Reader (Link http://www.jetbrains.com/omea/reader/). It does just about everything, including Newsgroups. Very powerful interface!

For those of you who are blog junkies...what are you using?
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: Your favorite RSS Aggregator?

Thunderbird does a pretty good job if I recall correctly.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

I use Thunderbird myself, it's nice having my email and RSS feeds inn one place.
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I haven't used it in about a year but I used to love RSS Bandit.

http://www.rssbandit.org/
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I like Thunderbird alot. Unfortunately, I couldn't sync up contacts and e-mails to my PDA/Smart Phone so I had to give it up.

Just read that Omea Pro is going free and open-source. Should be interesting...Omea Pro allows you to access your Outlook contacts and e-mail along with the RSS and newsgroup features. Haven't tried it yet. Personally, I think if they're trying to do too much, it just gets too complicated.

I may have to re-download Thunderbird again though. I really like it's clean interface and ease-of-use. I guess I can use it for RSS feeds only and see how that works.
          |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

reader.google.com
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Man...that is the best web reader I've tried yet. Thanks Pokerface.
              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

I've been using newsgator.com for a good while now.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

I use Sage, a plugin for Firefox (best of all it works with 2.0). I just have my RSS feeds on the left much like bookmarks and when I click on them all these storys list in boxes in the main screen.

I'd have to say my favorite of all is only for Mac, on Safari when you bookmark an RSS feed and access it You get a search bar that runs super fast, all of the stories right there in the window, and you can browse by date to your right :) Overall I'd say Safari's RSS feed is the nicest I've ever seen. Especially since when I subscribe to an RSS feed I can have the top headlines show in my screensaver giving alowing me to read about a paragraph of the story and press a key to see the full story instantly. Over all very polished :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

Another vote for google reader. I have tried soooo many more and it just seems to work the best.

The only thing it is missing is a search.. Go figure, a search company makes a RSS aggregator with no search function..
                    When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

I've tried Sharp Reader, Sage, and others - Google Reader is the best IMO. Your subscriptions can be read from any machine...

Comment

That's true but with both Foxmarks, which saves your bookmarks to a server to download wherever you are, and Sage you can read them from anywhere, plus since firefox has that ctrl + F feature to find whatever word you're looking for that helps alot :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X