Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

video cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • video cards

    just in case if anyone is thinking of upgrading now! dont :row__593:

    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36642

  • #2
    Re: video cards

    Que?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: video cards

      That's alright. I think I can live with my 8800gtx.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: video cards

        Originally posted by Turbinator View Post
        just in case if anyone is thinking of upgrading now! dont :row__593:

        http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36642
        Woohoo!

        Great find.

        Just in time for my Birthday gift :D

        BTW, that website linked in the article is very busy!

        DB
        Last edited by Dick Blonov; 12-31-2006, 02:42 PM.

        «That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

        | |





        Comment


        • #5
          Re: video cards

          Now you edit the link in :p.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: video cards

            Originally posted by Acid View Post
            Now you edit the link in :p.
            Done (so you don't have to read the article :D)

            DB

            «That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

            | |





            Comment


            • #7
              Re: video cards

              yes that site is packed it appears, had to hit 'next' page several times.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: video cards

                Lol, no, I was talking about Turbinator's post. He didn't have that link in when I posted back, so it just said "just in case if anyone is thinking of upgrading now! dont ", which was kinda confusing without a reason.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: video cards

                  Originally posted by Acid View Post
                  Lol, no, I was talking about Turbinator's post. He didn't have that link in when I posted back, so it just said "just in case if anyone is thinking of upgrading now! dont ", which was kinda confusing without a reason.
                  I did :)

                  the lvl505.com did not respond when I checked the link so I figured I link inquirer, and you guys go from there when site becomes available.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: video cards

                    Anyone remember when you had to choose between CGA and Hercules monochrome graphics? It was hard to decide between 4 stunning colours and highres mono. Luckily, you could use simcga to make your cga games display just fine in mono, which was my preference. ;)

                    Most games remained completely compatible with CGA 10 years after it came out. Now the maximum stretch is about 2 years.
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: video cards

                      Originally posted by icky View Post
                      Anyone remember when you had to choose between CGA and Hercules monochrome graphics? It was hard to decide between 4 stunning colours and highres mono. Luckily, you could use simcga to make your cga games display just fine in mono, which was my preference. ;)

                      Most games remained completely compatible with CGA 10 years after it came out. Now the maximum stretch is about 2 years.
                      And games fit on a floppy or two :D

                      DB

                      «That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

                      | |





                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: video cards

                        I wouldn't trust those specs or benches, everything about that site is screaming fake, although I'm sure some of it is actually close (throw enough **** at a wall and some will stick).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: video cards

                          updated info.

                          http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36666

                          which part of that site exactly screams 'Fake'?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: video cards

                            The fact that it's the Inquirer lowers the article's credibility. Sometimes stuff they post isn't on any hardware sites because it's not verified.

                            - It's who you game with.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: video cards

                              Most of the benchmarks he provides for the 8800 GTX are suspiciously almost exactly as those seen in review from http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/h...hnitt_3dmark06.

                              Not to mention some of the specs make no sense what so ever (Vista drivers on XP? WTF - that can't happen).

                              Also, a couple of the credible people that actually have an inkling of the specs are calling bull****. It doesn't necessarily mean they are right or wrong, it's just that they are usually right and are quite certain in their calling bull**** on this one.

                              if you really want to keep up on the 3D arena, check Beyond 3D. The guys there know there **** like no one else, a lot are developers or hardware engineers from the various companies or have been doing this sense the heyday of 3DFx.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X