This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Video Card

Hello all. I'm looking for feedback on the video card below. Yes, I need to stick with AGP right now for budget reason. I've been looking at 512MB 7600GS as the best price/performance combination (it's ~$150 on NewEgg).

The XGE card below is apparently Extreme Gamer Edition and it's because the core is normally 450Mhz and it's overlocked to 600Mhz on this card. That puts it running at 600Mhz vs the 7600GS running at 400Mhz. Memory speed is the the same on both cards (533Mhz) and both are 128-bit.

OH WAIT, it only has 4 pipelines. I think the 7600GS has 12. Is that enough right there to stick with the 7600GS?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149208162540

Re: Good Video Card

Ouch, guess I should have searched for the x1300 on NewEgg first. :)

Looks like it's a step down from the 7600GS. I'll keep holding out for the 7600GS it looks like.

Comment

Don't get the 7600GS if you can help it, it's not a fast card at all. Take a look for the 7600GT in AGP - it's a whole hell of a lot faster for only about $20 more.

Comment

Thanks for the info jaymind. I need to stay ~$150-$175 so we'll see how things look when I actually get to the point of wanting to order. Maybe a 7600GT will be in my future. :)

I was also researching bank for the buck and was curious about a 6800XT because I noticed that although it has 8 pipelines instead of the 12 of the 7900GS it runs the memory at 1000Mhz compared to the 533Mhz of the 7900 and is also 256-bit versus 128-bit.

I wasn't sure whether # of pipelines is more important then 256-bit and double the Mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
          Thanks for the info jaymind. I need to stay ~$150-$175 so we'll see how things look when I actually get to the point of wanting to order. Maybe a 7600GT will be in my future. :)

I was also researching bank for the buck and was curious about a 6800XT because I noticed that although it has 8 pipelines instead of the 12 of the 7900GS it runs the memory at 1000Mhz compared to the 533Mhz of the 7900 and is also 256-bit versus 128-bit.

I wasn't sure whether # of pipelines is more important then 256-bit and double the Mhz.
          Here's a review. Might provide you with some info.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I have the 7600 GS card and I LOVE it. Great buy. If i remember correctly you cannot buy the GT card for agp.

I bought my BFG 7600 GS OC when it was on sale for 150 bucks. Best 150 bucks i ever spent on a computer.
            Last edited by Vulcan; 01-10-2007, 12:26 AM.

- -

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all. After much research I'm going to go with either a 7600GS or preferably a 7600GT if the budget allows it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X