Windows shift key gone crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows shift key gone crazy

Everytime I use the left shift button, I get a search window (windows XP)

this is driving me crazy
    I've searched everywhere on line and haven't found an answer yet

edit: i now see that the right shift brings up a yahoo internet browser pops up.

anyone know?

again, everytime i hit the shift button, a "search results" the search window for xp pops up, and minimizes world of warcraft or whatever game i'm playing.

thanks !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Skylark; 01-07-2007, 06:52 PM.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Windows shift key gone crazy

Wish i could help ya man. I assume youve tried all the usual culprits?

Do you have any keyboard/mouse software installed? my logitech software causes crazy things to happen so I cant really run it.

Could it be the keyboard? are you shure you (or someone in your house) havent spilled anything on it? Do you have a spare keyboard laying around to test this?

Comment

I figured it out!

Water in my keyboard. I guess my wife must have spilled some. I picked the keyboard up to clean it, thinking that could be a problem and water POURED out onto my lap.

At that point, it stopped working completely. A quick trip to walmart and everything is fine.

Weird.
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Didn't it like, splash when you typed on it...?
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

You can probably just disconnect it and let it dry out. It will probably work correctly once it's dry.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

^ ditto....if it was water, mountain dew just doesnt agree with hardware as much as id like it to. :)

Comment

You might be able to save it even if it was drenched in sticky stuff.

Completly submerge it is water multiple times to make sure all the bad stuff is washed out then dry completly.

My daughter dumped a dr pepper on my wireless keyboard and this worked. As long as no corrosion takes place and it is completly dry when plugged back in could work.

Then again might not.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

The IT guy at the last company I worked for stuck keyboards in the shower when they got coke dumped in them. He let them air dry for a few days then used the for replacements.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X