Anyone using an array microphone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using an array microphone?

Does anyone here use an array microphone for voice in Battlefield or other games that integrate VOIP? Have you noticed any improvement over standard mics?

I was doing some research and noticed that Vista has built-in support for array microphones to improve speech recognition and the like. However, I also noticed that Creative's products do not support array mics.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Anyone using an array microphone?

Err. What's an array microphone?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      Err. What's an array microphone?
      It can be described as a stereo mic. You have a setup of two mics or more (an array) that are in different locations. It can help pinpoint the source of the speaker and eliminate background noise. It's kind of like using an array of radar dishes to listen to signals coming from deep space.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have a array mic that came with my ASUS motherboard but since I have a Xfi card it is basically useless other than being a standard microphone. I would love to be able to use it properly but I think it actually picks up more sound than my old logitech. Hopefully Vista does somehow allow for array mic support or Creative will support them. I like 7.1 surround sound but after my teammates being unable to get a clear VOIP from me I decided to get a Headset.
        |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

Ah, that's what I was guessing. I suggest getting studio grade sound cards (the ones that music enthusiates uses) that would support array setups (can't think of any off hand). I don't know how well they perform in gaming though, but if they're good enough to plug in a pair of $xxxx monitors (speakers) then they must be worth it. :)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X