New Graphics Card Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Graphics Card Suggestion

Hey guys. My roommate wants to get a new graphics card (he's currently using one of my 7800gts and I want it back for SLI) but he doesn't want to spend more than $250. Preferrably around $200, but he want's the best card for that price range. It needs to be pci express. I'm kinda biased because I prefer nvidia and particularly EVGA products, but I'm curious to anyone's suggestions, ATI or Nvidia, and whatever manufacturer associated with them. Thanks.
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: New Graphics Card Suggestion

Sounds like he is right inbetween the 7900GS and the 7950 prive range for Nvidia..ATI I'm not so sure..I do know that on Newegg right now they have Radeon X1900GT's for about $160...

They are also selling recertified 7800GTX cards for about $240 or so...and 7800GT's that are recertified...which I might be jumping on in about 10 days if any are left...

Good luck,
    Chappie

Comment

Bfg 7900gs
      |TG| Pilot.

Comment

ATI = X1950 PRO

nVidia = 7900 GT

The X1950 PRO is the better card of the two, but both are pushing the $250 margin a bit. If either is too expensive then the 7900 GS would be the best bet.

Comment

tiger direct has a 7950 gt 256mb caard right now for $219--209 after rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...751849&CatId=0

PS: and its EVGA :)

Comment

I'd say go for a 7900GS for now and save that extra $50 towards a directx10 card later in the year or early next year.

Comment

ATI x1950pro or 7900GT (either for around $200). He could go really cheap now to save up for a DX10 card and go with a 7900GS/7600GT.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll let him know and see which on he chooses.
                |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                  I'd say go for a 7900GS for now and save that extra $50 towards a directx10 card later in the year or early next year.
                  I have 2 of these in SLI. So far I've only tried 2142 and Oblivion, but I can max all settings and game play is smooth as silk. Of course, buying two will probably blow his budget...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X