No announcement yet.

Need help deciding on Mobil Processor

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help deciding on Mobil Processor

Okay i've got two laptops lined up for me, but i dont know which to choose... Each time i get the money to buy a new computer or laptop my funding goes all to heck, this time it seems like a sure thing and i want to get something i wont regret.

Both laptops are almost exactly the same:

I can choose between a X1600 or a 7600GS (Meaning 4 laptops to choose from just from the GPU/CPU combo) and the Intel T7200 Core 2 Duo or a AMD64 Turion X2 60... Both are dual cores and the other options are EXACTLY the same. I just dont know what of the two GPU's and CPU's are the best. Im an nvidia fan boy and an AMD fan boy, but i hear the new Core 2 Duo's kick some pretty good cyber butt, and the X1k series are pretty good GPU's... But i donno what to do... The reviews on the internet are very different from site to site... No one has a good review between the two CPU's...

My budget is ~$1,000 (I should be getting $1,000 once I sell my house)

Exactly the same spec's are:
    Screen 15.4" WXGA 1280x800 LCD TFT
    2048MB(1024MB X2) DDR2-667 PC5300
    8x Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + 16x
    Built-in 802.11b/g Wireless
    100GB 5,400RPM SATA HDD

Choices for CPU:
    Mobile AMD® Turion™64 TL-60
    Intel® Core 2 Duo Mobile T7200

Choices for GPU:
    Mobility 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
    Mobility 256MB ATI Radeon X1600

Max price=$1,400
    Min price=$1,300

Unless someone has a good sugestion as to something else i should be looking at. It'll be for limited mobile gaming and LOTS of photoshop/surfing/email/IM/Movies/Music

Prices were found at: and

Re: Need help deciding on Mobil Processor

Check this out

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

T7200 it is... lol The battery life on the AMD is just a lil better, but it doesnt matter i'll have an outsource just about everywhere i'll be going that'll need to use it. (Including my jeep that has an inverter.)

The X1600 and 7600GS are pretty much the same, but i like the sound of the X1600 for some reason. I'll review those myself. Thanks for that find

The turion is basically a laptop tweaked AMD64 X2 core, the Core 2 Duo chip is a slightly weaker version of the desktop chip, so the core 2 will be faster.

As for the FX cards the 7600 is a far better card as far as im concerned. I have heard nothing but bad reports about the 1600 series.

Yea, i've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on the x1600... Some people are saying its better than the 7600, and some are saying its hella worse. I donno, i may even for out the extra money and get a 7900GS GO, which kills both cards and well.. Anything i've ever owned in any desktop. lol we'll see when i get my money this time.

you also need to to up the ante on the screen res too.... this is one of those do it now or dont do it parts..... get the highest screen res you can... for the price difference, it is well worth it. (this will make selling it a lot easier when the time comes too.)

I would go with a 7900 and a core2 if you have the choice - just my opinion.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Yea, i found a Core2 T7200 with 2GB DDR2, 120GB HDD, 7900GS, and a bunch of other cool things in a Toshiba laptop for like 1,500 out the door at staples. I just may go that route since the Toshiba repair shop is like a 4 hour drive from here in Vegas (Where i can drop it off, party/have fun then go home with my fixed laptop)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed