Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do yall think of my new rig i just ordered?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do yall think of my new rig i just ordered?

Is this any good?

it will be here on the Jan.22.

\\\\\\\
    -Intell Core 2 Duo OC-to-3.6
    -BFG G-Force 8800GTX
    -CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin [OC-to DDR2 1100] (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit
    -ASUS P5W DH DELUXE
    -Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
    -ViewSonic 19" 2ms response time
    -BFG Tech 1000W Power Supply
    -Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache
    -Razor Copperhead Gaming mouse
    -Logitech G-15 gaming keyboard
    -Meudusa 5.1 surround sound directional audio headphones

And the rest all together coming in around to a BIG $3,000

Re: What do yall think of my new rig i just ordered?

Originally posted by koreXT View Post
    Is this any good?

it will be here on the Jan.22.

\\\\\\\
    -Intell Core 2 Duo OC-to-3.6
    -BFG G-Force 8800GTX
    -CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin [OC-to DDR2 1100] (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit
    -ASUS P5W DH DELUXE
    -Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
    -ViewSonic 19" 2ms response time
    -BFG Tech 1000W Power Supply
    -Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache
    -Razor Copperhead Gaming mouse
    -Logitech G-15 gaming keyboard
    -Meudusa 5.1 surround sound directional audio headphones

And the rest all together coming in around to a BIG $3,000
    Looks good except for the hard drive! What's with the OC to 3.6? Are you buying the thing pre-assembled and already overclocked to that rate or are you just assuming that you'll be able to OC it to 3.6 once you get it?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

A 19" monitor with a 8800GTX? Ouch, what a waste. Also 1000W is a bit of an overkill (depending on how many hard drives you plan to get and if you get another 8800GTX).

Also, I'd get a 680i motherboard, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with the P5W DH DELUXE though.

Comment

Well it definitely has enough power! 1000W, wow! Sounds like a decent machine :)
        |TG| Pilot.

Comment

Ultra has announced their 2000W power supply. Geez.

Razer's 'Death Adder' mouse has started shipping and according to the first reviews rates higher then the Copperhead so you might consider it.

Comment

I pray to the gaming gods that this is a "custom" built by YOU and not some alienware crap machine
            http://webmasterp.com/tg/016|005|007|032.jpg

Comment

1- no the cpu does not come atuo clocked to that, im going to, and i know i can. iv done my reaserch.

2- i doo plan to get two 8800GTX's

3- and ewww!, no def not alienware CRAP!, costom built to my needs, iv been building extreme PC's for 12 years. i know what im doin(i hope)(rofl)

Comment

What's wrong with the Raptor? If I were you I would add a secondary larger hard drive. But only if you need the space.

Comment

Two 8800GTXs on a 19" monitor? Anything less then 1600X1200 with one, let alone two 8800GTXs is a shame. A SHAME!

Get an Apple 30" cinema HD monitor (2560X1600). Then everone will truley have e-penis envy.

Comment

So... Why would anyone spend $3000 on a computer these days?

Comment

Well good luck with your build, the high price you pay, and the electrical bill that follows in its wake.

The OC'ing, hard drive configuration, and the PSU is overkill just for gaming. Otherwise, it would make a very nice poweruse machine (CS2, multitabbed browser, music encoding, graphics rendering, etc.)

What case are you getting? Hope it's made of steel not some lightweight SECC rated alloy. Are you planning on putting in some 120mms along with a sound ampliflier so when you power on your system it would sound like a Concorde just flew past you?

Oh yes that would be cool...all the gamers in your neighborhood would be on their knees begging for your mercy as you beat them at EVERY multiplayer game out there (not to mention wow them with your infinitely powerful rig). *super sarcasm*

I envy you...hmm...could I buy that system off of you when you done building it? :D
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You can also get a Killer NIC card and a PPU card for extra redundant components.

Comment

Originally posted by koreXT View Post
                          3- and ewww!, no def not alienware CRAP!, costom built to my needs, iv been building extreme PC's for 12 years. i know what im doin(i hope)(rofl)
                          You're been building extreme PC's since you were 6 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                            What's wrong with the Raptor? If I were you I would add a secondary larger hard drive. But only if you need the space.
                            Considering the nature of what you put on your hard drives, I prefer going with manufacturers with a much higher MTBF than Western Digital. The drives might have great specs, but no other piece of hardware in your PC will cause you more grief than a poor quality drive.

Comment

well first off thx for the advice about my PSU, i think i might need it so thats why i got it. also i might get a 24 inch instead, but i dont know, but i mean otherwize than my PSU i dont think that their overkill, im going to need them to spray ultiamte pwnage all over all of youre faces in BF2142.

and PS. no Apophis, iv been building for 9 years, im 18

and thx Acreo Aeneas for your reply(its gona be awsome)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X