Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming-Headset recommendation (BF/PoE2)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming-Headset recommendation (BF/PoE2)?

I am thinking about buying a new headset, and perhaps replace my current one. I am mostly playing BF, but belive that I am lacking some quality in the mic. Incoming sound if almost always perfect, but that is a different story.

I have scanned for some alternatives, and would appriciate the opinions of those who know more about this than me (which ought to be pretty much everyone else). Some examples are more expensive than others, and I expect that atleast some quality should be relative to that. But which of the examples is the best headset for VOIP etc, and which would bring most "back for the buck":

Creative 5.1 Headset
    CTHQ2300D
    - With hardwaredecoder for 5.1-sound for multimedia and gaming.
    - Supports standards as Dolby Digital, DTS and Pro Logic II
    - $101

Logitech Internet Chat headset
    LT9801580914
    - Noice-reducing mic
    - Speakers: 20-20000 Hz
    - Mic: Sensibility 59 db, Frequency 100-10000 Hz
    - $42

Hama PC Headset
    HAMA42462
    - $28

Logitech Precision Gaming Headset
    LT9802310914
    - 40mm neodym stereo membranes
    - Noice-reducing mic
    - Speakers: Sensibility 58db, Frequency 20-20000 Hz
    - Mic: 100-16000 Hz
    - $37

Logitech PC Headset 120
    LT9804470914
    - $28

PC Line Headset
    PCLHSNC100
    - $28

Logitech Premium Stereo Headset
    - Speakers: Frequency 20-20000 Hz
    - Mic: Sensibility 59db, Frequency 100-16000 Hz
    - $ 41
    This is the headset that I am using now, but I do at times feel that the outgoing sound quality can be a bit damp/low/unclear. I´ve tried to fool around some with the set ups (both on the PC itself and in the BF-controls and everything is more or less maxed out), but it does not seem that it has helped much. I know that people can hear me, and probably also understand me. It is mostly when I do a sound-check (within the BF setup) that I think the quality is lacking. Perhaps someone who has heard me speak over the VOIP can give some hints?

Creative HS600 Headset
    - Speakers: Sensibility 102 db, impendence 32 Ohm, frequency 20-20000 Hz
    - Mic: Sensibility 41 db, frequency 100-16000 Hz
    - “Optimized” for Creative soundcards and “other quality soundcards”(…)
    - $62

Plantronics Audio 500 USB
    - Mic: Sensibility 38 db
    - $69

Or should I perhaps keep my current one and try to tweek it in order to improve the outgoing sound (which I imagine could be better)?
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Gaming-Headset recommendation (BF/PoE2)?

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
    Plantronics Audio 500 USB
    - Mic: Sensibility 38 db
    - $69
    If this is what they're now calling their DSP-500 headset, then I have it and am quite impressed with it. It's not the best in the world for listening to music, but it's the best headset (w/mic) that I've tried. FWIW, everyone says my mic sounds great, too.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yep, the DSP line was renamed 'Audio'. I have a DSP-500 as well and love it.

Plantronics has great customer service too. Our cat managed to snag the cable a while back and eat through it and they replaced it no questions asked and I had the replacement overnighted to me free of charge after they received the bad one.
      Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 01-15-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I have a pair of these Icemat Siberia, surround sound. NIce bc its the first gaming headset I have had where you can actually hear footsteps if they are behind you or in fron of you as appose to just to the left or right. These are also CAL (Cyber Athlete League) issued
        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I've had 2 DSP-500s break on me in the past for some reason. While it is an amazing headset, I couldn't justify buying another one after the second broke.

Comment

I've burned through two of these:
            http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6339
            they're crap.... for some reason, the wiring for the mic shorts out in quick order (4 -6weeks).
            Now, I use these:
            http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10012
            Personally, I think they're much better, and are usually on sale somewhere. I've been using them for about 4mths now, with no problems.
            |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

Several of us have Medusa 5.1's... There's seperate speakers in the headphones for center, front, rear, and subwoofer, and they work increadibly well in BF2/PoE2. They let you locate vehicles and gun-fire by using your ears. This is really super valuable - to be able to alert the squad that armor is approaching from the south before you even see it. Or to hear the crack of a rifle off to your left and react appropriately. One downside is that it's exensive, but... if you play a lot, it's worth it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/...mers_can_love/

Comment

Originally posted by ultrablue View Post
                I've had 2 DSP-500s break on me in the past for some reason. While it is an amazing headset, I couldn't justify buying another one after the second broke.
                Mine have broken twice as well (in addition to the one being trashed by the cat) but as a result of being dropped from a decent height onto a wooden floor multiple times.

Did they both break AFTER the 1 year warranty period? The reason I ask is all 3 times mine were within warranty and they replaced them no problem. And, the 1 year warranty re-starts after each set is replaced. So, I've never had to pay for a new pair as of yet.

Comment

I've got this one:
                  Logitech® Premium USB Headset 350
                  It has served me very well for the last 2 years, and has allowed me great flexibility with the USB being a distinct output. There may be performance implications with sending the sound over USB, but I have never been able to detect anything.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

dude if u want the best headset/headphones on the market, get the "Meudusa 5.1 surround sound directional audio headphones" they might be the most expesive, but they are the best headphones on the market for gaming(period)

Comment

I've heard Razer's new soundcard/headset combo has the best all-around performance but it's major bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        Several of us have Medusa 5.1's... There's seperate speakers in the headphones for center, front, rear, and subwoofer, and they work increadibly well in BF2/PoE2. They let you locate vehicles and gun-fire by using your ears. This is really super valuable - to be able to alert the squad that armor is approaching from the south before you even see it. Or to hear the crack of a rifle off to your left and react appropriately. One downside is that it's exensive, but... if you play a lot, it's worth it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/...mers_can_love/
                        Dude that headset looks sweet. I've never heard of it before. And I just spent $50 on a logitech headset too :( . I'm having so many issues with it it's unbelievable. Matter of fact, I'm gonna post my problem right now!
                        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Yeah, the Medusa's look nice. I'm considering one...

The official Medusa website can be found here.
                          Twisted Firestarter
                          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                          sigpic

Comment

Medusa's are the best. I have used the 3d sound ones but they broke after about 2 weeks of use and they hurt my ears =(. If you want a gaming headset go for 5.1 surround sound then you know what direction they are coming from =)

happy hunting.
                            Current member of the

Comment

plantronics rock.
                              |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                              100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse